What are you reading, Park Ridge? discussion

August Books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Park Ridge Library Book Club Corner (parkridgelibrarybookdiscussions) | 10 comments Mod
It's August! What are you all reading for the rest of summer?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah R. | 25 comments I recently finished The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan, which was both a fascinating history of the Great Lakes and a really sobering look at how humans have affected the Lakes.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 15 comments I’m almost finished with Deacon King Kong (James McBride). It is the best novel I’ve read in months. Very funny, moving and full of great characters. I hope they do the adaptation right, it’s such a good story. I’m adding his other books to my TBR.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheldep) | 12 comments Jennifer wrote: "I’m almost finished with Deacon King Kong (James McBride). It is the best novel I’ve read in months. Very funny, moving and full of great characters. I hope they do the adaptation right, it’s such ..."
I just added this to my reading list! Sounds good!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheldep) | 12 comments Sarah wrote: "I recently finished The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan, which was both a fascinating history of the Great Lakes and a really sobering look at how humans have affected the Lakes."
Sounds interesting (and worrying)!