The County Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General > Inside express appointment?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess Myname | 39 comments I just saw on the library website they now offer “inside express appointments. Anyone have more information about this?

message 2: by Kemi (new)

Kemi | 6 comments I tried it last week, and it felt so great to be in a library again! Two patrons are allowed to be inside at once, and you basically have 10 minutes to pick up holds and browse a selection of books, DVDs, and audiobooks, in a small-ish space near the checkout desk.

You schedule an appointment online, the way you would for a curbside pickup.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess Myname | 39 comments Thanks for the info. I put 2 books on hold today hopefully they will be available soon. I might try this instead of curbside pick up. I did that last time it was so nice to get a book.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bethsmash) | 855 comments Mod
Jess and Kemi,

I am so sorry I didn't see this discussion earlier. Yes, please set up Inside Express Appointments to come in and get your holds. We love to see our patrons! :)

message 5: by Debbie (last edited Sep 01, 2020 05:09PM) (new)

Debbie (dashforcover) | 1006 comments I have another question to this point too. Do you HAVE to be picking up a hold to make an Inside Express appointment? I've been struck with a desire to read more picture books and I've done all the Caldecotts. It helps to see a picture book to know if it would interest you. Can we make an appointment with just the intent to browse? I know it's a limited selection from the collection and a short amount of time inside, but still, I miss serenedipity.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bethsmash) | 855 comments Mod
Yes. But the browsing is currently limited to specific displays. So you can go in and see what you can find from the displays, but you won't be able to browse the full collection.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.