Bookcrossers discussion

General > New to the group

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison (new)

Alison White | 6 comments Hi, I am Alison, new to the group and only been using bookcrossing for about a year. I can’t wait to have my first book found

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) | 437 comments Welcome! Do you have any Little Free Libraries in your community? You *might* have better luck releasing your books to those boxes, instead of just putting them out in 'the wild.' :)

message 3: by Edwina (new)

Edwina Callan | 192 comments Hi Alison and welcome!
I'm book_drunkard on Bookcrossing.
Please feel free to send me a friend request here or on BC ...
or both.
Happy Reading!

message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison White | 6 comments I do leave them at little free libraries

message 5: by nimrodiel (new)

nimrodiel | 21 comments Cheryl wrote: "Welcome! Do you have any Little Free Libraries in your community? You *might* have better luck releasing your books to those boxes, instead of just putting them out in 'the wild.' :)"

I find that less of my little free library releases call home to the bookcrossing site, even though I know they are being picked up.

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) | 437 comments That's interesting, nimrodiel. Well, at least they're not being thrown away by a janitor or security guard, as I know has happened to some of my friends' books.

message 7: by nimrodiel (new)

nimrodiel | 21 comments Cheryl wrote: "That's interesting, nimrodiel. Well, at least they're not being thrown away by a janitor or security guard, as I know has happened to some of my friends' books."

Though recently a book I left at a LFL in 2017 here in Northern IL popped up in Montana, and another was found in a different LFL several miles south in Chicago.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) | 437 comments Neat!