Nature Literature discussion

34 views
Book of the Month > Sept 2020 suggestions

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 791 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

I am now taking nominations for the September 2020 Book of the Month. Please add your suggestion to this thread and try to include a link to the book if you can. You'll have until Sunday, Aug. 9th to nominate and then the poll will go up.

Previously read BOTMs are listed here so we avoid duplicates: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...


message 2: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 6 comments I nominate The Outermost House: A Year of Life on the Great Beaches of Cape Cod by Henry Breston and Robert Finch.


message 3: by Neus (last edited Aug 04, 2020 02:54PM) (new)

Neus (neusfigueras) | 26 comments Is it possible to nominate 2 books?

What a Fish Knows: The Inner Lives of Our Underwater Cousins
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The Sea Around Us.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...


message 4: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 6 comments Neus wrote: "Is it possible to nominate 2 books?

What a Fish Knows: The Inner Lives of Our Underwater Cousins
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The Sea Around Us.
https://www.goo..."

I haven’t heard of or read the fish one! But I recently read The Sea Around Us and I loved it!


message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam | 49 comments I second What a Fish knows!


message 6: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 6 comments Sam wrote: "I second What a Fish knows!"

I third it!


message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 13 comments I'll nominate Waterlog by Roger Deakin


message 8: by Martin (new)

Martin Brown  | 2 comments Paul wrote: "I'll nominate Waterlog by Roger Deakin"

Second


message 9: by Martin (new)

Martin Brown  | 2 comments Nominating
Writing Wild: Women Poets, Ramblers, and Mavericks Who Shape How We See the Natural World
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...


message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 791 comments Mod
ClaraBelle wrote: "I nominate The Outermost House: A Year of Life on the Great Beaches of Cape Cod by Henry Breston and Robert Finch."

Hi ClaraBelle. The Outermost House was the July 2020 Book of the Month, so I will not be including it in the poll.
-Becky


message 11: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Garrison | 14 comments I’m too new to nominate, but if ClaraBelle wants another book set on Cape Cod, (and this might be a later book) is David Gessner’s “The Return of the Osprey”

Is there a list of all books read by the group?


message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie M | 243 comments Hi Jeff, if you scroll to the top where Becky asks for nominations, in her 2nd paragraph, she provides a link to the list of books read. She provides this link every month when she opens nominations.


message 13: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 6 comments Becky wrote: "ClaraBelle wrote: "I nominate The Outermost House: A Year of Life on the Great Beaches of Cape Cod by Henry Breston and Robert Finch."

Hi ClaraBelle. The Outermost House was the July 2020 Book of ..."

Ok that’s fine, I wouldn’t have suggested it if i had realized that.


message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 791 comments Mod
Julie wrote: "Hi Jeff, if you scroll to the top where Becky asks for nominations, in her 2nd paragraph, she provides a link to the list of books read. She provides this link every month when she opens nominations."

Thanks, Julie! ;)


message 15: by Julie (new)

Julie M | 243 comments ☀️📚🌿Becky!


message 16: by Iris (new)

Iris | 30 comments Becky, I seem to remember some guideline about fiction and nonfiction from month to month. Would you please clarify for us?


message 17: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 791 comments Mod
Iris wrote: "Becky, I seem to remember some guideline about fiction and nonfiction from month to month. Would you please clarify for us?"

Hi Iris. We had established that we would make the April and October Books of the Month a fiction selection. (But that's not to say you can't nominate a fiction book any other month - we just want to make sure at least twice a year we do a novel.)

Becky


message 18: by Ray (new)

Ray Zimmerman | 647 comments If its not too late, I nominate Turtle Island by Gary Snyder.
Warning - its motly poetry.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...


message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 791 comments Mod
Not too late, Ray - I will add it.

But now this thread is closed and I will put the poll up.


message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 791 comments Mod
Alexandra wrote: "The song of trees by David George haskell"

Hi Alexandra. This was also a previous BOTM, so I have not included it on the poll.
~Becky


back to top

unread topics | mark unread


Books mentioned in this topic

Waterlog (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Roger Deakin (other topics)