Old Books, New Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > September 2020 Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Nomination thread for our September Classic themed challenge.

What to include in your nomination:

1) Your theme nomination. (One per person)
2) How the theme fits that particular month?
3) A minimum of five objects or words associated with your theme.

A poll will be set up after 6 nominations.
Thank you!

message 2: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 04, 2020 12:30PM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 232 comments Autumn! for October. orange leaves, cool evenings. overcoats, scarves. Hot tea and coffees at the cafes, walking in the park.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Jazzy wrote: "Autumn! for October. orange leaves, cool evenings. overcoats, scarves. Hot tea and coffees at the cafes, walking in the park."

Thanks for your nomination Jazzy. This thread is for the September theme. Would you still like to keep your nomination or use it for October?

message 4: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 04, 2020 01:02PM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 232 comments If i could learn to READ it would be better. :) Okay I'll save that for October and for September, outdoor sports (tennis, volleyball), barbecues on the beach, swimming in the sea or ocean, and trying to hang on to the last part of summer before it's too cold, football matches (that's soccer to the americans) at night under the stadium lights, beers, sticky outdoor pub tables, friends, and and books books books.

message 5: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 05, 2020 12:00PM) (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Jazzy wrote: "If i could learn to READ it would be better. :) Okay I'll save that for October and for September, outdoor sports (tennis, volleyball), barbecues on the beach, swimming in the sea or ocean, and try..."

So your theme nomination would be Late Summer or End of Summer?

message 6: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 05, 2020 12:29PM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 232 comments yes that sounds good :) Thank you Elizabeth x

message 7: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 8 comments My nomination is life in countryside. Think apple orchards, running around as a kid, baking with the family, sentimentality and nostalgia as summer comes to a close, and enjoying life's simplicity. For example My Ántonia or Little House on the Prairie.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Gretchen wrote: "My nomination is life in countryside. Think apple orchards, running around as a kid, baking with the family, sentimentality and nostalgia as summer comes to a close, and enjoying life's simplicity...."

Thank you for the nomination!

message 9: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 21, 2020 05:16AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 232 comments Do you mean the USA countryside? Or the countryside of other countries as well, which might be somewhat different than you have described.

Hillwalking, hiking, watercolour painting outdoors, examining flowers, foraging, sheep, castles and abbeys, woods, the cliffs, lighthouses, ships, and the sea perhaps in the UK.
Books like How Green Was My Valley, Thrush Green, Wuthering Heights, The Secret Garden, etc.

message 10: by Jazzy (last edited Aug 22, 2020 10:39AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 232 comments Actually we both have nominated themes of late summer or end of the summer, which would be a good idea that we could adjust to fit anywhere in the world.

message 11: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Hale (kahale) | 24 comments My theme is school which could include about being in school, a book about school, education, or set in a school setting

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Kathy wrote: "

Thanks for the nomination!
I am going to create a poll today with only the 3 nominations.
This was short noticed & I don''t want things to go behind schedule.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Here is the link to the poll....
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/2...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.