Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Fool's Proof (The Heart of Stone Adventures #1)
This topic is about Fool's Proof
II. Publishing & Marketing Tips > Barnes & Noble wants to know marketing plan. Tips?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (new) - added it

Eva Sandor (evasandor) | 21 comments Hey Goodreads crew! Does anyone here have any advice about what it is B&R want to see in a "Marketing and Promotional Plan"?

It's one of their requirements for getting books into a physical store, which is the whole reason why I want to sell to B&R.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Lagarde (deb_lagarde) | 116 comments You mean B&N?

message 3: by Eva (new) - added it

Eva Sandor (evasandor) | 21 comments oh im sorry! Typo! yes, B&N. I don't know why, but I almost typed R again!

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Lagarde (deb_lagarde) | 116 comments Eva wrote: "oh im sorry! Typo! yes, B&N. I don't know why, but I almost typed R again!"

No problem, I do typos all the time! Bwahahahahahahahah!

message 5: by Wmba (last edited Aug 10, 2020 01:38PM) (new)

Wmba Dams | 136 comments Eva wrote: "Hey Goodreads crew! Does anyone here have any advice about what it is B&R want to see in a "Marketing and Promotional Plan"?

It's one of their requirements for getting books into a physical store..."

If you have to ask then you probably should not be trying to sell your book anywhere yet.

Putting books in stores is expensive. They have to know that there will be a demand out there to buy them. Book stores send books back that are unsold. That costs everybody a big bunch of money.

There are reference guides that you should read. But if you do not already have a big social media following they may not be of much use to you.

People do not buy your books just cause you get them into a store.
You have to drive them to the store to ask for your book. How will you do that?

And if you really have a publishing company then you should have answered the how to sell your books question before you set it up.

message 6: by Eva (new) - added it

Eva Sandor (evasandor) | 21 comments Thanks for your perspective. I've set up sales on every other platform. B&R will be able to get my books through the normal wholesale channels and in fact they are on B&R.com right now.

I just wanted to know if anyone had hints as to what B&R execs like to see in a marketing plan.