YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BOOK TALK > Favorite Book Quotes

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danique (new)

Danique van Dijk (daniquevdijk_) | 4101 comments Mod
Hey! I have this thing going with a friend of mine, where we send each other our favorite book quotes.
I was wondering if you guys would want to post yours, so we can share our favorites? :)

message 2: by Danique (last edited Aug 04, 2020 09:38AM) (new)

Danique van Dijk (daniquevdijk_) | 4101 comments Mod
These are my favorites:

“Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them. I’m beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don’t just happen. We have to make them ourselves.”
~ Cress, Marissa Meyer

He cupped her cheek, and took a steadying breath - as if he'd thought about every word these past three days, over and over again. "I spent centuries wandering the world, from empires to kingdoms to wastelands, never settling, never stopping - not for one moment. I was always looking toward the horizon, always wondering what waited across the next ocean, over the next mountain. But I think - I think that whole time, all those centuries, I was just looking for you."
~ Queen of Shadows, Sarah J. Maas

message 3: by Aja (new)

Aja “You and I, we'll always be different. There will always be something wild in us. Others will see what they want. It's always been that way.”
~The Will and the Wilds, Charlie N. Holmberg

“Fire needs air to live. Air fuels fire, stokes it, and makes it burn brighter and hotter than it ever could alone. But too much air will snuff it completely, just as too many flames will consume all the air. They are far greater than the sum of their parts together, but are equally as dangerous to each other’s existence.”
~Air Awakens, Elise Kova

“Other people can't make you feel stupid. Only you can.”
~Tell Me Three Things, Julie Buxbaum

"You know that piece of hair that always falls into your eyes—the not-quite-a-bang piece? I want to be able to tuck it behind your ear. I want to be able to do that. I want to meet you when I feel comfortable enough with you to do that."
~Tell Me Three Things, Julie Buxbaum