Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Children Book > Where do you look for your kids books?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo Johnstone | 4 comments Hi, I'm Jo and I have question. I've written three children's books (my fourth is nearly finished) and apart from here and Facebook, I'm wondering where else I should possible advertise them?
Where do you all go when looking for kids books? I'm also always looking for new places to find books for my own kids. After all you can never have too many books right? 😁
Also I've found I get much more traffic to my book There's a Dinosaur in my Soup than to T-rex ate my toothbrush, could this be because the latter doesn't have dinosaur in the title?
Any thoughts appreciated, Jo.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann P. (annpborrmannchildrensbookauthor) | 9 comments Perhaps try getting your books reviewed by bloggers? They then advertise them on their websites / blogs to a whole new set of readers that you might not otherwise reach.

As for the title, T-rex ate my toothbrush -- I think that is a very cute title and sounds like a very cute book!

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic | 1090 comments The neighborhood public library provided the vast majority of the children's books that I read to my five children and they eventually read themselves.

Those children now range in age from 40-years-old to 50-years-old. Their children, my grandchildren, now young adults themselves, were exposed to the vast majority of the children's books read to them and eventually read by them from their neighborhood public libraries. They and I continue to carry a library card to this day.

message 4: by Tilly (new)

Tilly Wallace (tillywallace) | 84 comments My kids bring home the Scholastic catalogue from school and most of their books are picked from there. Next best is visiting the bookstore or the local library.