Werewolves discussion

Group Business > What Non-Werewolf Book Are You Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new)

Dan | 208 comments I just purchased Guy Endore's first book, a biography of Casanova titled Casanova: His Known and Unknown Life (1929). I bought it because Guy Endore wrote a werewolf novel I considered pretty awful, but his biography of Casanova is really interesting so far. I knew nothing of this figure other than he had a big nose and liked to serenade women from below their bedroom windows as a stand-in for others. But there is actually a lot more to him.

Two Envelopes And A Phone I am reading The Vinyl Detective - The Run-Out Groove, by Andrew Cartmel. Cartmel actually has a werewolf connection; he was Script Editor on the Doctor Who TV story called The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, which features a werewolf.

message 3: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (gentlemanjeff) | 32 comments I recently finished Devolution by Max Brooks and I can't recommend it highly enough to werewolf fans. Brooks is a great writer, and really knows how to keep the pace of a novel going. If you're running low on wolfy material but would like to read about furry things watching you from the trees, give that one a try, it's terrifying and fun. You won't be disappointed.

message 4: by Peter (new)

Peter Topside I just started the Complete Collection of HP Lovecraft. I heard there are werewolf references among the many, many stories included, so while curious to know where, I don't want to spoil any surprises.

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (gentlemanjeff) | 32 comments The monster is never fully explained in this one, but anybody in this group would be likely to enjoy the monster elements of Near the Bone by Christina Henry.

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Topside Just about to start Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz;

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...

message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter Topside Started Creature by Hunter Shea;

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 8: by Zain (new)

Zain | 60 comments Oh my God! I usually read a different book every day, or so. Right now, I have just finished Black Rendezvous and am about to write my review.

I am also reading The Complete Collection of William Shakespeare. This will probably take a few months.

I am also reading The Killer Inside Me. I will be finishing this tomorrow.

Earlier today, I finished a mystery by Frances Lockridge. Part of a series.

And I started a book of short stories based upon the Sherlock Holmes collection. I love reading some of the new versions of Holmes. I will finish this tomorrow.

And I have started a book by Peter Cawes. He has a series of books with the Lovecraft mythos. That should be finished in a few days.

Tomorrow I will be starting this book about crows. Can’t wait to read it.

And I am definitely itching to read a free classic horror book from Amazon.

So glad I love to read. 😋

Zain

message 9: by Zain (new)

Zain | 60 comments Hey, Peter…how is your Lovecraft collection going?

Zain

message 10: by Peter (new)

Peter Topside Zain wrote: "Hey, Peter…how is your Lovecraft collection going?

Zain"

I actually forgot that I put it on the shelf. Not sure when I'll get back to it, as I have a lot of other books to go through prior, but I'll get there eventually. :)

message 11: by Jeff (last edited Dec 27, 2021 07:35AM) (new)

Jeff (gentlemanjeff) | 32 comments How was Creature by Hunter Shea? I just finished The Red Queen by Christina Henry. It's the second in her Alice duology. It actually involves a werewolf, but you couldn't call it a werewolf book.

message 12: by Peter (new)

Peter Topside Jeff wrote: "How was Creature by Hunter Shea? I just finished The Red Queen by Christina Henry. It's the second in her Alice duology. It actually involves a werewolf, but you couldn't call it a werewolf book. G..."

I mostly liked Creature. Didn't love the character progressions, especially towards the end, but overall, it was a good book.

message 13: by Peter (new)

Peter Topside Return to the Black Farm by Elias Witherow;

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...