Authors & Reviewers discussion

Beta Reader > Seeking Betas for diverse YA Fantasy with non-European folklore

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 14 comments Hello everyone! :)

I would really appreciate feedback on my novel. Here's the info:

- genre of work: YA Dark Fantasy that includes paranormal creatures from non-European folklore

- word count of work: 90k

- Type of rep: MC is Black and aromantic (#ownvoices). Side characters include a bisexual character, pansexual character, asexual character, demisexual character and sapphic characters. Most of them are people of color.

- a pitch or description of the plot:

Nakita wasn’t supposed to have died that night.

In the wrong place at the wrong time, she ends up beheaded by the Reaper. Her life should have ended there, but a supernatural being called the Weaver decides to bring her back, giving her a second chance at life. Now wandering the world as an anxious and depressed parahuman, Nakita must survive by consuming human life-force while also avoiding seers and demons. To make matters worse, the Weaver’s services aren’t free and if she ever wants to be whole again, Nakita has to hunt down and eliminate the one who killed her.

With the help of a Senegalese fairy, a pansexual incubus, and other creatures from folklore, Nakita must find a way to get her revenge. (MC is based off the Girl with the Green Ribbon).

- Trigger warning: MC has anxiety and goes through a couple panic attacks, there's violence, swearing, & a little bit of underage drinking

- what type of feedback I'm looking for: Is the story interesting? Does it make sense? Do you like the characters? Does it hold your attention? How's the writing?

- feedback deadline: I need feedback by August 12 if possible! If you end up liking the book, there’s also a chance of beta reading the sequel :)

Thanks for your time!

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Bannister (mommybannister) | 39 comments I Am interested in reviewing the book what format do you have

message 3: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 14 comments Nicole wrote: "I Am interested in reviewing the book what format do you have"

I have PDF and Word doc

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Bannister (mommybannister) | 39 comments Pdf and send it to Nbannister51@kindle.com

message 5: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 14 comments Nicole wrote: "Pdf and send it to Nbannister51@kindle.com"

Sent!