The Midnight Readers discussion

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
This topic is about A Court of Thorns and Roses
✧ Buddy Reads > A Court of Thorns and Roses (Elizabeth, Joyce & Lilly)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 292 (292 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Joyce | 285 comments Hi Lilly!!!
Here we can talk about the book when we start it!! :D

message 2: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Yep! Super excited to read it, I’ve been meaning to for a while

Joyce | 285 comments Same!!! right after I read ToG I meant to pick this up, but I just never did xD

message 4: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Yeah I’m reading TOG right now and I really like it, so I have a feeling I’m going to be a big SJM fan

Joyce | 285 comments ouuuuh yes!!! the series is amazing!! Don't give up after the first one. I'll admit because of the hype, the first one for me was "good". It really just sets the book in place. I gave that 4-4.5 stars. But the rest after that is AMAZING!! <3

message 6: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Yeah there is a lot of hype around it. That first, like idk a hundred pages are pretty boring and I didn’t see why it had the hype, but now I’m seeing it. Yeah idk the boring beginning is probably going to bump down my rating a lot

message 7: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments We start tomorrow! I almost forgot

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments can I join you?

message 9: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Sure! Idk about Joyce though. If she says yes then that’s great!

Joyce | 285 comments @Lilly Yes!!! We start tmr :D Can't wait!!!
@Elizaneth Of course you can join!! the more the merrier :D

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments yay!!! so are we going to be reading an exact amount of chapters per day or how is this going to work?

Joyce | 285 comments would you guys be interested in reading a specific number of chapters per day?? there is 46 ch. sooo how about 5 ch. per day and the last would be 6 ch.???

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments sounds good to me

Joyce | 285 comments perfect!! :) happy reading!!

message 15: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Sounds great!

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments I read the first 5 chapters and I liked how it started with action. Feyre looks like a good protagonist so far, she's brave and cares about her family. Also I need to say that this gave me some The Hunger Games vibes, because Feyre used to take care of her family and she's good at hunting (just like Katniss)

message 17: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Exactly what I was thinking. Exactly.

Joyce | 285 comments Yesss!! Great point Elizabeth!!

Joyce | 285 comments I was also annoyed with Nesta...I found her soo selfish! I'm hoping to see a character growth from her

Joyce | 285 comments also did anyone else felt sad between the conversation Feyre had with the dad right before she left :'(

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments i felt sad about that too, i hope she gets to see him again

message 22: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Yeah, although idk how I feel about him. He kinda annoyed me

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments I was surprised to see that the faeries made Feyre move away from her family but then they told her that they didn't care what she did as long as she stayed in the established place. I think it was easier to kill her but whatever

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments I want to know the reason why Tamlin decided to keep her instead of killing her

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments The creature called the Bogge sounds very interesting and I think that somehow it will do something important in the book

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments I don't know how her father thought looking after here was a good idea but I want to know what's gonna happen next

message 27: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Still haven’t read my chapter for today (sorry) but getting to them soon

Joyce | 285 comments Elizabeth❁ wrote: "The creature called the Bogge sounds very interesting and I think that somehow it will do something important in the book"

yess!!! I don't know if you've read the Throne of Glass series, but I'm totally getting that vibe ;)

Joyce | 285 comments Elizabeth!!! You totally called it with the dad xD

message 31: by *·˚elizabeth*·˚ (last edited Aug 10, 2020 09:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments Joyce wrote: "yess!!! I don't know if you've read the Throne of Glass series, but I'm totally getting that vibe ;)"

i haven't, is it good?

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments Joyce wrote: "Elizabeth!!! You totally called it with the dad xD"

hahahahaah i didn't even notice, so i guess my wish came true lmao

Joyce | 285 comments Elizabeth❁ wrote: "Joyce wrote: "yess!!! I don't know if you've read the Throne of Glass series, but I'm totally getting that vibe ;)"

i haven't, is it good?"

yesss!! the first one is good, but the books following that are AMAZING!! <3

message 34: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments I’m so sad that everybody likes those books. The first one was fine, and now I’m reading the second and it’s just draaaaaaging on. I want to like it though!

Joyce | 285 comments I'll admit the first one and the beginning of the second one are slow....but I promise it picks up :)

Joyce | 285 comments Don't give up on it!! <3

message 37: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Nah I’m not going to since I really love ACOTAR right now. But I do feel like throwing it against a wall

Joyce | 285 comments Elizabeth❁ wrote: "Joyce wrote: "Elizabeth!!! You totally called it with the dad xD"

hahahahaah i didn't even notice, so i guess my wish came true lmao"

sooo with the dad...I read ch.11...I'm disappointed...but that chapters was EVERYTHING!!!

message 39: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments I’m at chapter 11, still reading, but I think it was stupid that the dad came back and I feel like all that’s going to happen is he’s going to die... so yeah. Also the Bogge is really interesting and I also feel like it’s going to play a big part in the book

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments Joyce wrote: "sooo with the dad...I read ch.11...I'm dissappointed...but that chapters was EVERYTHING!!!"

yeah same. but it would be too convenient if it was her dad

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments Lilly wrote: "I’m at chapter 11, still reading, but I think it was stupid that the dad came back and I feel like all that’s going to happen is he’s going to die... so yeah. Also the Bogge is really interesting a..."
i think the same about the bogge

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments i'm on chapter 13 and i feel like Feyre and Tamlin are having a connection and probably they are going to have something in the future, but i don't ship them so far

message 43: by *·˚elizabeth*·˚ (last edited Aug 11, 2020 07:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments i like the independent queen Feyre is, but she has flaws so she's also relatable

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments i finished chapter 15 and forget what i said about not shiping them, they are cute together

Joyce | 285 comments Elizabeth❁ wrote: "i'm on chapter 13 and i feel like Feyre and Tamlin are having a connection and probably they are going to have something in the future, but i don't ship them so far"

Right?!? I feel she's just intrigued by him...
They are cute :) but I'm not totally shipping it rn

Joyce | 285 comments Elizabeth❁ wrote: "i like the independent queen Feyre is, but she has flaws so she's also relatable"

yesss! she's so sassy and witty as well xD I'm loving her character

message 47: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Yeah Feyre is great

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments Joyce wrote: "Right?!? I feel she's just intrigued by him...
They are cute :) but I'm not totally shipping it rn"

but im so confused bc i've always seen people talking about feyre and rhysand but i have no idea who's him, but nobody never talks about tamlin

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 497 comments i feel like something bad will happen to him but let's hope im wrong

message 50: by Lillyyy, Bookish Immortal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lillyyy | 5564 comments Yeah it's I always think it's interesting to hear people talk about characters in the book that your reading who haven't been introduced yet and you just are sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for them to be introduced. And yeah, the thing about Tamlin... idk that's weird and I want to see what happens to him

« previous 1 3 4 5 6