Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Escuadrón Polar (Frozen Isolation #2)
This topic is about Escuadrón Polar
Book Issues > My book is linked to another author

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri (new)

Sheri McLaughlin (smac50new) | 15 comments I share the same name as another author, but we are two different people.
This is my book. It belongs with my other four fiction books. This book is the sequel to “Frozen Isolation”. Help!

I did NOT write a workbook for “post traumatic stress...”

message 2: by Suzi (last edited Aug 03, 2020 09:09AM) (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Sheri wrote: "I share the same name as another author, but we are two different people.
This is my book. It belongs with my other four fiction books. This book is the sequel to “Frozen Isolation”. Help!

I did ..."

1. Goodreads disambiguates between authors of the same name by using spaces between the author's first and last name.

2. Your author profile has 2 spaces: Sheri^^McLaughlin, where the ^ equals a space.

3. When publications are automatically imported from Amazon or other sources, the "handshake' between Goodreads and the other source do not recognize multiple spaces, so the work goes to the default 1 space profile.

4. You can post in this forum to have it moved, or you can add the book with the 2 spaces between your first and last name before publication.

5. When you ask for assistance, it is helpful to include that your author profile has 2 spaces.

6. I created a series for your books: https://www.goodreads.com/series/2963...

7. Added a cover to the new paperback work, and standardized the titles and series names to conform to Goodreads naming conventions.

message 3: by Sheri (new)

Sheri McLaughlin (smac50new) | 15 comments Thank you, Suzi, I really appreciate your help.

Okay, I did not realize I needed to add two spaces between my first and last names. I will remember that for future books.

Thanks again for your prompt help!