Play Book Tag discussion

Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
This topic is about Party of Two
August 2020: Other Books > Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory -- 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7783 comments Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory
3 stars

Jasmine Guilllory entertains the hell out of me. Her books are not brain-busters and they are not changing my worldview in any way, but they are fun contemporary romances that have the added benefit of always featuring very career oriented women (and men).

Olivia Monroe has just left her career at a big NYC law firm to move to LA and hang out her shingle with her best friend Ellie. Moving is stressful enough, but also finding a niche for your brand new two-woman firm in the behemoth of LA just adds to it. So if there is one thing that Olivia does not need, it is a man who demands even more of her nonexistent free time.

Enter: Max Powell. Hotshot (and hot) junior US Senator from California. The two randomly meet at a hotel bar and, before Olivia knows what is happening, she is suddenly in a relationship, in the public eye, and quickly falling in love. But the deliberate, methodical Olivia may not be able to keep pace with the impulsive, go-with-your-gut Max.

There was nothing surprising in this story. It ends exactly how you think. But, it was entertaining. The conflict of their different personalities wore a bit thin after a bit, and I always want these characters to just talk about what they want (I mean, they talked about literally everything else). The resolution was pretty quick and sudden as well.

Ultimately, I don't care. I read this book in three days laying by the pool and I have zero regrets.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7988 comments Happy to see a review of a guilty pleasure from you this morning-much needed smile was the result, thank you!

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3824 comments I'm so far behind in this series, lol.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7783 comments Joi wrote: "I'm so far behind in this series, lol."

They are like candy. I just pick the new one up each summer and devour it. Then feel a little sick. lol