Safety in numbers, never go into a book alone. #Group Reads discussion

The Wives by Tarryn Fisher discussion (August)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hollie (new)

Hollie Law | 249 comments Mod
Please discuss your thoughts and feelings about "The Wives" by Tarryn Fisher here.

message 2: by Hollie (new)

So I am up to page 25 (view spoiler)

message 3: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Can’t wait to start this! I should be getting my book by the end of the week!

message 4: by Hollie (new)

And I can’t wait for you to join me! Xxx

message 5: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Oh Happy Day! I just got this book in the mail today so I will be starting it this week or early next week.

message 6: by Hollie (new)

Page 89 (view spoiler)

message 7: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Page 111 Hollie I am on the same page as you (view spoiler)

message 8: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments I can’t put this book down. At page 180 now and I’m just in utter shock. This is not anywhere near where I thought this book would take us! My mind is definitely all over the place and I’m sitting here turning the pages constantly thinking “wait what?! .... no, no, no .... I didn’t see that coming” I love books that I completely guess wrong. I still think Seth is hiding something, I don’t trust him at all. Something is more off then I can come up with at the moment.

message 9: by Hollie (new)

Page 111 (view spoiler)

message 10: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments That’s all very possible! And also (view spoiler)

message 11: by Hollie (new)

Dana I’m worried to read your last comment incase it contains stuff I haven’t discovered yet! Lol. X

message 12: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments No worries I only replied back to your theories and made my comment up to page 111 worthy no hidden content in there! Just a response and feelings about the book up to where you are :)

message 13: by Hollie (new)

Just read it and completely agree!

message 14: by Hollie (new)

There is something puzzling me... (view spoiler)

message 15: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Oh my dear lord. I just finished the book. This book twisted and turned more than any I have read this year. I don't know if I have all the words at the moment for all that I am feeling, but (view spoiler)

This book got me good! Definitely one of my favorites of the year so far! Thank you Hollie for suggesting it, I don't know if I would have come across it on my own. I can't wait to see how you feel about as you continue to read it.

message 16: by Hollie (new)

I am so pleased you enjoyed it Dana!! I can’t wait to discuss the ending and my thoughts on the book as a whole with you! Page 162 (view spoiler)

message 17: by Hollie (new)

Page 242 (view spoiler)

message 18: by Hollie (new)

Finished! (view spoiler) Overall I very much enjoyed this book and felt I could really connect with the characters. Will be recommending this book to friends.

message 19: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Hollie I am glad you enjoyed the book! Yes this is definitely one I have already started to recommend to friends. I also suggested it to my mom, she doesn't read physical books much but she listens to books on audible all the time when she is crafting. This is also a book I could see them making into a movie like they did The Girl on the Train.

message 20: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Hollie I am glad you enjoyed the book! Yes this is definitely one I have already started to recommend to friends. I also suggested it to my mom, she doesn't read physical books much but she listens to books on audible all the time when she is crafting. This is also a book I could see them making into a movie like they did The Girl on the Train.

message 21: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 89 comments I finally got my hands on this book!! Just in time for the month to be almost over... 🤦‍♀️It seems like a quick read though, so hopefully I'll be able to finish in a week!

It's not quite the same as getting to read at the same time as you two, but I'll still enjoy reading your comments as I go along and adding my own at the end. :)

message 22: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaelaine) | 178 comments Oh I hope you enjoy it! Glad you finally got your hands on it :)

message 23: by Hollie (new)

Let us know what you think Kendra! Xxx

message 24: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 89 comments I'm caught up to message 14 on this thread. Wow... so this has definitely been a quick read so far and all of a sudden it is not at all going in the direction I thought it would!! I think I had a prediction where I thought the plot was leading and was 1000% wrong. Dana, seeing your update from page 180 is like you read my mind, haha, those are my exact thoughts at this moment.

While it started off a bit "meh" for me, I'm way more invested now simply because it has really surprised me and is starting to twist around in ways to where I have noooo idea what's actually going on or what to believe. I'm even questioning page to page whether certain characters might actually be real or not!

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Kendra (last edited Sep 02, 2020 09:55AM) (new)

Kendra | 89 comments I finished a bit ago but didn't have a chance yet to give my final thoughts...

Wow the second half of this book was such a roller coaster! I spent most of it questioning what was true and who to believe, and loved that I never guessed everything fully right.

(view spoiler)

Overall this was a quick and enjoyable read that really sucked me in, and definitely didn't go in the direction I expected either, which I loved!!

Safety in numbers, never go into a book alone....

unread topics | mark unread