Play Book Tag discussion

Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day
This topic is about Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day
August 2020: Witches > (Poll Ballot Tally) Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day by Seanan McGuire - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5094 comments Jenna is a ghost that lives in Manhattan. When people die before their time, they live as ghosts until the day of their appointed death, when they finally move on. One day Jenna discovers that the ghosts of Manhattan have disappeared, and to find out what happened to them she must team up with a witch, who normally are dangerous to ghosts.

This is a very interesting world, with a concept that is fascinating to explore. The story was too short to go deep into the world-building, and just enough was given to explain it to the reader, but the focus is on the character of Jenna and her motivations. There is certainly enough room for more books in this world, though it appears this is a standalone novel - it kind of reads like an experiment for the author.

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1222 comments Glad you liked it Annapi! I agree it was short, but I love the world building and I hope she explores more books in the same world.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7986 comments I am reading her Wayward Children series right now, will keep this in mind for the future. I am really enjoying her style

message 4: by NancyJ (last edited Aug 03, 2020 05:27PM) (new) - added it

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5670 comments Strange. My library has 5 pages of her books, but not this one.

Any other recommendations for this author for this month or poll tag?