Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Shadow of the Sun
This topic is about Shadow of the Sun
Books > Shadow of the Sun: Reviewers Wanted!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marney (new) - added it

Marney Blom | 1 comments Hi everyone,

My name is Marney Blom and I have just written and self-published my debut novel, Shadow of the Sun. I am currently looking for 5 bloggers to read and review Shadow of the Sun prior to its release on August 21st.

Tragic yet heartfelt, vivid and historic, Shadow of the Sun is based on the gripping true story of Menno and Florence Giliam, a young Dutch missionary family separated by WWII Japanese occupation of the Dutch East Indies.

Here is a short synopsis:
Letters were strictly forbidden. Weighing the consequences, Menno continued to secretly write. The tiny, unsent notes to his wife Flor kept the POW’s hope alive as the former headmaster struggled to survive the brutality of POW labor camps. While he toiled under the shadow of the Imperial Japanese flag, Flor and his seven children, also interned by the Japanese, endured the horrific conditions of the women and children’s camps on the island of Java.

When Menno and Flor Giliam left Holland for the Dutch Indies in 1928, they never imagined separation, Japanese internment, starvation, and the constant shroud of death. Nor had they envisioned the God-sized answers to simple children’s prayers and the blessings purging would bring. It changed their lives for good.

If you'd be interested in reading and reviewing, please comment below or get in touch. You can find out more about the novel at shadowofthesun.org

Shadow of the Sun

message 2: by Joel (new)

Joel Thimell | 11 comments Marney,

I'm very interested in reading and reviewing "Shadow of the Sun." My parents worked with Wycliffe Bible Translators in Mexico and Columbia (where they were held hostage by armed guerillas who kidnapped and murdered one of their translators).

You can PM me here: Joel Thimell if you're interested.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadow of the Sun (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joel Thimell (other topics)