Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > This book really needs editing

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by María (new)

María This book is a Spanish translation of The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne. Here I´ll write a list of issues with this one:
-It should be called "La Isla Misteriosa", not "ISLA MISTERIOSA LA"
-It should figure as written by "Julio Verne", not "Various" or "Jules Verne" (Because that´s how he is called for Spanish speaking people)
-When I go to the "Mysterious Island" page and search for other editions this one should appear as an option since it is the same book, only that in Spanish
-It has 204 numbered pages (the story itself takes up until page 182 but it has extra material)

If someone could make these changes I would be very happy. Thank you for your time

message 2: by María (new)

María The ISBN is 978-987-24500-0-7. I don´t know why but when I posted this it appeared to me as if it was linked with the book I mentioned

message 3: by María (new)

María Andrew wrote: "If the story is only 182 pgs, that sounds like an adaptation, not an edition of The Mysterious Island"

Until now I thought it was just an abridged version. But with your comment, I checked a little bit closer and while it does credit Julio Verne as the author it also says it was adapted by Patricia Roggio.
(It also has some illustrations by Emiliano Pereyra)

message 4: by María (new)

María Andrew wrote: "yes I already added them!"

Thank you very much!

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13784 comments I also added Jules Verne, because the "international" name needs to be added even for secondary authors.

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13784 comments María, what is the extra material on pages 183-204?

message 7: by María (new)

María lethe wrote: "María, what is the extra material on pages 183-204?"

Things like reading exercises, questions and stuff for the kids to help them engage with the book and to make sure they understood

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13784 comments María wrote: "lethe wrote: "María, what is the extra material on pages 183-204?"

Things like reading exercises, questions and stuff for the kids to help them engage with the book and to make sure they understood"

Thanks. Those are indeed counted.