Authors & Reviewers discussion

Beta Reader > 86k YA Fantasy Novel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela Fay | 3 comments Hello! I'm looking for beta readers for my YA fantasy novel entitled "Queen of Broken Bones." I'm looking for people willing to complete it by or close to August 16th. If you're interested, let me know! Here is the description:

Lura is a monster of her master’s creation, and the villain of her own story. After serving as an apprentice to King Baruuk Ayah since childhood, nineteen-year-old Lura has honed her supernatural abilities until she became the ultimate weapon. With her ability to move things with her mind, she shatters the bones of her enemies and vanquishes her opponents on the battlefield. She has become the greatest source of terror in the land and is second only to the king. The only problem is, she is drowning in guilt over the harm she has caused.

So, when an opportunity to liberate herself and her twin sister from their servitude presents itself, Lura seizes the opportunity and escapes. Soon, though, the plots of those who want to control her and her power draw her back into the dark world she escaped from. She must decide to either accept or reject the destiny that is pursuing her. Will she choose to be free of all ties to her former life, or will she serve a higher purpose, using her abilities to free the people from their oppressive rulers?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Do you happen to know how long it might take to read? I have a lot of books to read right now but if it's quick I might be able to do it. This sounds really interesting! Also what forms of the book do you have.

message 3: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela Fay | 3 comments Phoenix wrote: "Do you happen to know how long it might take to read? I have a lot of books to read right now but if it's quick I might be able to do it. This sounds really interesting! Also what forms of the book..."
It takes about eight hours to read. I've never timed myself but I've read it enough times to make a pretty good guess. Not too long but not short either. If you're interested in reading it I can send it over in a Word document.

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Well, thank you for letting me know about this. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to review this group at the time being given that I have lots of other stuff I absolutely have to read and 8 hours seems a little long for me, though I do understand that it takes different times for different readers--I'm on the faster side. Another thing is the form that I'd read it in--I prefer .mobi files or ebooks. If you manage to get ahold of one of those forms later, please message me and I might be able to find time. This still sounds very interesting and I hope to read it sometime when it comes out or when I'm freer. Best of luck on your writing career!
-Phoenix

message 5: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela Fay | 3 comments Phoenix wrote: "Well, thank you for letting me know about this. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to review this group at the time being given that I have lots of other stuff I absolutely have to read and ..."
No problem, I completely understand! Thank you for your interest!