Challenge Corner discussion

Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Ember Queen
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy/Para > Ember Queen by Laura Sebastian -> Starting August 27th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 60792 comments Mod
The thrilling conclusion to the series that began with the instant New York Times bestseller “made for fans of Victoria Aveyard and Sabaa Tahir” (Bustle), Ember Queen is an epic fantasy about a throne cruelly stolen and a girl who must fight to take it back for her people.

Princess Theodosia was a prisoner in her own country for a decade. Renamed the Ash Princess, she endured relentless abuse and ridicule from the Kaiser and his court. But though she wore a crown of ashes, there is fire in Theo’s blood. As the rightful heir to the Astrean crown, it runs in her veins. And if she learned nothing else from her mother, she learned that a Queen never cowers.

Now free, with a misfit army of rebels to back her, Theo must liberate her enslaved people and face a terrifying new enemy: the new Kaiserin. Imbued with a magic no one understands, the Kaiserin is determined to burn down anyone and everything in her way.

The Kaiserin’s strange power is growing stronger, and with Prinz Søren as her hostage, there is more at stake than ever. Theo must learn to embrace her own power if she has any hope of standing against the girl she once called her heart’s sister.

message 2: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm a little behind on this but will definitely jump into this book either tonight/tomorrow

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Starting this now!

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

21%: (view spoiler)
62%: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

85%: (view spoiler)

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

100%: (view spoiler)

message 7: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments I'm much further behind (trying to finish up Lady Smoke!)

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim wrote: "I'm much further behind (trying to finish up Lady Smoke!)"

How are you liking that?? Also it's okay! I'm still trying to catch up on my other August BRs right now. Which means I'm behind in September ones lol

message 9: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments Alaina wrote: "Kim wrote: "I'm much further behind (trying to finish up Lady Smoke!)"

How are you liking that?? Also it's okay! I'm still trying to catch up on my other August BRs right now. Which means I'm behi..."

I like it but I feel like it's so much slower than the first. I'm struggling to really get caught up in it.

message 10: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Kim wrote: "I'm much further behind (trying to finish up Lady Smoke!)"

How are you liking that?? Also it's okay! I'm still trying to catch up on my other August BRs right now. Which..."

Aw :( I'm sorry!

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Kim wrote: "I'm much further behind (trying to finish up Lady Smoke!)"

How are you liking that?? Also it's okay! I'm still trying to catch up on my other August BRs right now. Which..."

Aw :( I'm sorry!

message 12: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments Alaina wrote: "Kim wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Kim wrote: "I'm much further behind (trying to finish up Lady Smoke!)"

How are you liking that?? Also it's okay! I'm still trying to catch up on my other August BRs righ..."

I'm sure it'll pick up. I haven't had good reading time this month. Hopefully next week!

Good luck with your BRs :)

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments Almost finished with Lady Smoke and I’m super into it (I see a late night read-fest after work coming!). I haven’t gotten my copy of Ember from the library so I’m looking into digital copies just in case

message 14: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments Got the ebook, finally! Starting tomorrow!!

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments So started the ebook but also trying to get the physical. Idk if it’s just me that it’s hard getting into the story

message 16: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments ok i'm just being picky about the ebook. i did just fine with electronic copies all during pandemic shut down, it'll be great now. digging in.

message 17: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments 22% (view spoiler)

message 18: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments 34% (view spoiler)

message 19: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments 78% (view spoiler)

message 20: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 1689 comments 100% (view spoiler)