Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Experienced, fast, cheap beta reader available

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammi (new)

Sammi Goldberg | 23 comments Hi everyone,

I'm a soon to be traditionally published writer with a lot of free time on my hands at the moment. I'd like to offer my beta reading services to writers out there who are looking for a fresh pair of eyes on their manuscripts. I'll write up a one page report for you, highlighting your strengths and weaknesses, and we can chat about ways to make improvements so you'll stand a better chance of breaking into this incredibly tough industry.

I understand the financial pressure that a writing career can cause, which is why I'd like to offer low pricing with a less than 1 week turnaround time.

<20K = $15
20,001K - 50K = $25
50,001> = $35

I currently only accept money through Paypal. If interested, please feel free to get in touch!

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin | 9 comments Hi,

I have a 115,000-word fantasy novel that is pretty polished. Would you be interested? Synopsis below.

"I used to think the most painful thing was the bite of the dagger from the man in front. Turns out it’s the one in back.

Love warped my soul and duped my mind. Brought the wrath of kings and the curse of witches. Sent me to the darkest corners of my mind and of this world. The gods smile at me no more. Exiled and broken, I must find my way home.

And I’d do it again a thousand times . . ."

Synopsis
After a string of stunning victories against foreign occupants, General Dorian Kloven finds himself in the crosshairs of the new power brokers of Orcania. As peace returns to the land and the realm’s sores begin to heal, Dorian learns that politicking is nothing like soldiering—it is a much more dangerous game. While a romantic affection for the princess puts him at odds with the king and high priestess, an unvanquished foe amasses at the border. With a meteor shower threatening impending doom, Dorian must strive to preserve the sanctity of his life, or die defending it.

Thanks
Martin

message 3: by Sammi (new)

Sammi Goldberg | 23 comments Martin wrote: "Hi,

I have a 115,000-word fantasy novel that is pretty polished. Would you be interested? Synopsis below.

"I used to think the most painful thing was the bite of the dagger from the man in front...."

Hi Martin,

I'd love to take a look! Feel free to email me the first chapter or so -- goldygirl94@yahoo.com -- just so I can make sure we're a good fit. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
Sammi

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom | 12 comments Hi Sammi,

My new adult, near-future sci-fi novel is about 108,000 words.

It is a story about a young man who learns that, even though he is different, he doesn’t have to remain alone. Through the events of the novel, he discovers that the things that he has long feared about himself can make the world a better place for everyone.

Brief Synopsis:
Set in 2075, seventeen years after World War III, society is finally starting to recover under the guidance of a seemingly benevolent, democratic world-government. However, that government clings to power by vilifying and criminalizing the existence of certain types of people in order to create a common enemy of the state. These outcasts are now forced to hide within the fringes of society because of an aspect of themselves they cannot control. Alex, an orphaned, seventeen-year-old boy and the protagonist, is an experimental, genetically engineered human made during the war. Alex has no knowledge of his history, but he knows that he has more in common with the outcasts than with the rest of humanity. Despite this, his only concern is finding his lost twin brother, Levi.

While following a lead on his brother’s location, Alex finds himself caught in the conflict between the government and a small group of outcasts that are fighting for equality and their right to live in peace. Alex discovers friendship—and, for the first time since losing his brother, a family—within the outcast group. The group of outcasts agree to help Alex locate his brother, but just as Alex’s lead on Levi takes him to a dead end, Alex is kidnapped by a young, upstart politician who, after learning what Alex is, wants to use him in his rise to power. If Alex helps the politician, he is promised that he will be reunited with Levi. Faced with the impossible choice between finding his brother and protecting his new friends, Alex must decide what it means to have a family.

Please let me know if you are interested.

message 5: by Sammi (new)

Sammi Goldberg | 23 comments Thomas wrote: "Hi Sammi,

My new adult, near-future sci-fi novel is about 108,000 words.

It is a story about a young man who learns that, even though he is different, he doesn’t have to remain alone. Through th..."

Hi Thomas,

I'd love to take a look! Feel free to email me the first chapter or so -- goldygirl94@yahoo.com -- just so I can make sure we're a good fit. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,
Sammi