Books and Jams Readalong discussion

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
Here we are with another month and more books to read! Will you be joining in to read The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen this month? Say hello below if you are!

I'm expecting this one to have a touch of magical realism in it like the other two books I've read from SAA. Are you a fan of magical realism? Is this your first SAA book or no?

What is your favorite peach cuisine? I love any drinks with peach in it and peach cobbler is delicious!

message 2: by Sheila R (new)

Sheila R  (sheilaryp) | 2 comments I do not read many books with magical realism, so I am curious how I will like this one. I do LOVE peaches 🍑- my favorite is peach cobbler!

message 3: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Hi friends! I am looking forward to picking up another new author thanks to this book club. I don't think I have read much magical realism before.

I used to love peaches but stopped buying them when my son developed an allergy. I really should start again since there are a huge crop in my area and I have access to a lot of varieties.

message 4: by melodie (new)

melodie b | 9 comments I here never read this style of book but I open

ReadAlongWithSue Gotta be honest, never heard of this book. Magical realism I’ve heard of and never read. I’m gonna think about this one🤔

message 6: by Marylou (new)

Marylou | 5 comments This will be my second book by Sarah Addison Allen. I am looking forward to it!
I am a fan of fresh peaches and cottage cheese, but would never say no to a peach cobbler.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Tavares  | 20 comments I have this one ready to go. It will be my first by this author. I've only read magical realism once before and it was Alice Hoffman.

Peaches are my absolute favorite summertime fruit. I love peach flavored drinks and grilled peaches are delicious!

message 8: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "I have this one ready to go. It will be my first by this author. I've only read magical realism once before and it was Alice Hoffman.

Peaches are my absolute favorite summertime fruit. I love peac..."

Oooo grilled peaches sounds amazing!

message 9: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (sweetheavenlygrace) Hello! I just borrowed the e-book from a library. Looking forward to reading this one. I can't remember if I've read any of her books or not, I know I own one but haven't read it yet,

Peaches are one of my favorite fruits!

message 10: by Terri (new)

Terri  (tee_reads) | 57 comments I'll be joining in but it may be a little later in the month. This will be my 4th SAA and I have really liked everything I've read from her.

Love peaches! Homemade peach ice cream is the best!

message 11: by Bettie (new)

Bettie Rushlow | 2 comments Have decided to sign up for my first goodreads read-a-long. This is my first book by SAA, but it sounds interesting. Hoping it gets delivered soon. Although, this week I am moving, so probably won't even get to it until next week. Have read some books with magical realism in them. Mostly by Rachel Hauck. I look forward to joining in with all of you.

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen Reineke | 16 comments I’m in for The Peach Keeper. I am just waiting to pick it up from my library.

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (estephb21) | 6 comments Just got it from the library yesterday! Beautiful cover.

message 14: by Marylou (new)

Marylou | 5 comments Just saw that today (Aug 7) Peach Keeper is a Daily Deal on Kindle for $1.99

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate | 39 comments Grilled peaches and peach sorbet are probably tied for my favourite peach dessert, and I think this book is a great pick for August because I always associate good peaches with this month.

This is my first Sarah Addison Allen, but she has intrigued me as an author for a while now. I have had mixed experiences with magic realism, but some have been great! Looking forward to reading this one with you all

message 16: by Kim (new)

Kim Abbott | 5 comments This is my first Sarah Addison Allen book and magical realism. I'm looking forward to reading it. I did take advantage of today's (08/07) Kindle Daily Deal for this!

I'm not a huge peach fan in general but I do love peach cobbler.

message 17: by Kim (new)

Kim Kantor (kimkantor) | 92 comments I’m joining in. I have read Garden Spells by SAA and have the sequel First Frost, but haven’t read it yet. I enjoy a bit of magical realism, as long as it’s not too too crazy. But I do think it adds a little bit of fun to a story.
I was never a peach fan growing up, but actually this year I’ve really grown to like them. Grilled peaches are AMAZING, and I made a peach dump cake that was so good and not super sweet.

message 18: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (sweetheavenlygrace) Kim wrote: "I’m joining in. I have read Garden Spells by SAA and have the sequel First Frost, but haven’t read it yet. I enjoy a bit of magical realism, as long as it’s not too too crazy. But I do think it add..."

I've never tried grilled peaches but it does sound divine! LOL Do you have a recipe for the peach dump cake?

message 19: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (kathleen425) | 5 comments I'm a little late joining, it's August 21 but I just got the book from the library. I'm already three chapters in and I'm intrigued.