Beyond Reality discussion

Cloud Atlas
This topic is about Cloud Atlas
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > Cloud Atlas (8/20): Roll Call and First Impressions (NO Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3237 comments Mod
Are you reading or planning to read Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell? Please check in here.

NO spoilers, please.

message 2: by Random (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 836 comments I'm starting it this evening.

message 3: by Random (last edited Aug 08, 2020 12:18PM) (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 836 comments I have spent the last 4 days trying to get into this book. 4 days of absolute masochistic torture. I can't even attempt to finish it I feel that utterly revolted.

I can honestly say that I would rather rip my throat out with my bare fingers and bash my brains out against a brick wall before I spend one more second in its company.

I may have actually found a book I despise more than Perdido Street Station and The Iron Dragon's Daughter.

message 4: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3237 comments Mod
Random wrote: "I have spent the last 4 days trying to get into this book. 4 days of absolute masochistic torture. I can't even attempt to finish it I feel that utterly revolted."

Can you tell us (either here or in the spoiler thread) what was so dreadful about it? (I have not read it and was not planning to, but I’m curious, given the virulence of your reaction.)

message 5: by Random (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 836 comments I posted in the spoiler thread.

Kateblue | 13 comments I disliked this book also.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cloud Atlas (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Mitchell (other topics)