Nonfiction Nerds discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > October 2020 - Halloweenie Non Fiction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daria, Winging this mod thing! (new)

Daria Zeoli (dariazeoli) | 267 comments Mod
Let’s read something spooky, scary, or creepy to get us into the Halloween mood!

Here’s a list of books to get you thinking of nominations: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

See a nom you’d like to second? Comment with a +1 and the title. This thread will be open till August 31 or till we have a lot of +1’d noms, whichever comes first.

message 2: by Daria, Winging this mod thing! (new)

message 4: by Sanniyus (new)

Sanniyus Suwita | 1 comments I am interested in reading the business/economics side of Halloween but haven't been able to find a good book. Not even a WSJ/NYT/Atlantic article.

message 5: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2020 08:20AM) (new)

Amy (amybf) | 129 comments I'm not a big fan of the scary and the spooky. But I heard about this one on a podcast and it sounded interesting, so I'll toss it in for nomination: The Lady from the Black Lagoon: Hollywood Monsters and the Lost Legacy of Milicent Patrick .

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 18 comments Definitely looking forward to October, because I love scary books! I'll throw in Infamous Lady: The True Story of Countess Erzsébet Báthory because I've always wanted to read a book on this legendary female Dracula. For something that might be a little less graphic, I'd also nominate Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife.

Barbara (The Bibliophage) (barbarathebibliophage) | 67 comments Ghostland: An American History in Haunted Places <— my suggestion!

And I will +1 for Lady from the Black Lagoon, Spook, and Empty Mansions.

message 8: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brookebecker) | 34 comments Oh this will be fun! +1 for Ghostland!

message 9: by Daria, Winging this mod thing! (new)

Daria Zeoli (dariazeoli) | 267 comments Mod
Thanks all! Poll will be open at midnight (I was on time to create it for once!)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.