Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

A Vindication of the Rights of Woman
Old School Classics, Pre-1900 > A Vindication of the rights of Woman - No spoilers

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Pink | 6554 comments A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft is our Old School read for September 2020.

This is the No Spoiler Thread
The Spoiler Thread will open September 1st

This early posting of the No Spoiler thread is to discuss any non-plot issues pertaining to the book.

Appropriate Posts can contain:
1. Information about the author.
2. Compare editions/translations.
3. Any historical or background information
4. Are you familiar with this author’s work? Do you have any expectations going into the book?
5. What made you decide to read this book?
6. Any fan fiction that you have read or would like to read? Just link the books.
7. If you loved the book and want others to share in that experience, use this thread to motivate others, again save plot specifics for the Spoiler thread
8. If you hated the book, it would be best to keep that for the spoiler page

The most important thing to remember is no plot discussion. Any post that contains plot information or spoilers will be deleted.

message 2: by Benjamin (new) - added it

Benjamin | 47 comments I am thinking of joining in for this because of the excellent podcast by David Runciman which I listened to very recently. Highly recommend to listen in: https://www.talkingpoliticspodcast.co...

Cynda | 3246 comments Benjamin wrote: "I am thinking of joining in for this because of the excellent podcast by David Runciman which I listened to very recently. Highly recommend to listen in: https://www.talkingpoliticspodcast.co......"

Thank you Benjamin. I have been looking for a history of ideas book. A news podcast would bea good option.

message 4: by Tanika (new) - added it

Tanika | 6 comments This author keeps coming up in discussions or other books, and I found it years ago in a bookshop but never got around to reading it. Hopefully with a book club, I might finally read it.

message 5: by Michaela (new) - added it

Michaela | 702 comments Looking ahead to this one!

Aubrey (korrick) | 2627 comments Tanika wrote: "This author keeps coming up in discussions or other books, and I found it years ago in a bookshop but never got around to reading it. Hopefully with a book club, I might finally read it."

Glad to hear that, Tanika, as I was thinking that this was a work that interested folks would be less intimidated by in a group read when I nominated it.

Annette | 526 comments I was able to get it from the library now so I will have to read it early. I look forward to the discussions!

Piyangie | 442 comments I'll be reading this when my current read for another group comes to an end, probably towards the end of the month. Looking forward to reading it.

message 9: by Michaela (new) - added it

Michaela | 702 comments I got mine cheap on kindle and the German translation from the library - but I think it isn´t read very often, so I might prolong it.

message 10: by Jess (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jess Penhallow | 61 comments I just started this today. I am listening to the Audible original audiobook narrated by Jessica Martin.

I would highly recommend it. Her strong and cutting voice is perfect for the tone of the piece. I feel like I'm being condescended to by an exceptional teacher!

Catching up on Classics (and lots more!)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Vindication of the Rights of Woman (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Wollstonecraft (other topics)