New Adult Book Club discussion

Midnight Sun
This topic is about Midnight Sun
Archived Monthly Group Reads > 2020 August NON-Contemporary Group Read ~ Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chiara (new) - added it

Chiara | 532 comments 2

Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

Synopsis

When Edward Cullen and Bella Swan met in Twilight, an iconic love story was born. But until now, fans have heard only Bella’s side of the story. At last, readers can experience Edward’s version in the long-awaited companion novel, Midnight Sun.

This unforgettable tale as told through Edward’s eyes takes on a new and decidedly dark twist. Meeting beautiful, mysterious Bella is both the most intriguing and unnerving event he has experienced in his long life as a vampire. As we learn more fascinating details about Edward’s past and the complexity of his inner thoughts, we understand why this is the defining struggle of his life. How can he let himself fall in love with Bella when he knows that he is endangering her life?

In Midnight Sun, Stephenie Meyer transports us back to a world that has captivated millions of readers and, drawing on the classic myth of Hades and Persephone, brings us an epic novel about the profound pleasures and devastating consequences of immortal love.

Grab your copy here 👇🏻

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3hVMI3R

Xiomayra | 4 comments Reading right now!

One of my favorite things of the book until now is getting to know more about the Cullens. Like how Alice joined the family, how Esme and Carlisle fell in love and how much it meant to Rosalie Emmett. Obviously we get to know how Edward's mind work and how affected he really was because in the first book (Twilight) he look fresh as a cucumber and he was really a mess inside. hahaha

Thalassophile_takemetotheocean (thalassophile-takemetotheocean) | 41 comments I received my Kindle version and the Hard cover book yesterday. I'm so excited to start reading it.

message 4: by Gabriela (new) - added it

Gabriela Silva | 2 comments I was such a big Twilight fan but I’m having such a hard time reading this book. Anyone else feel this way?

Xiomayra | 4 comments Well is annoying that Edward is stupid but is cool in the sense you get more about the Cullens and Bella. When I read Twilight I didn't see anything in Bella that was so special to have Edward captivated but he explains how really Bella is, and that is cool, how you can read the same book but the perspective makes a lot of difference.

Thalassophile_takemetotheocean (thalassophile-takemetotheocean) | 41 comments Rose wrote: "I received my Kindle version and the Hard cover book yesterday. I'm so excited to start reading it."

UPDATE: I finished the book. Here's my review.

I pre-ordered this book as soon as I could. I was so excited to read it...and I was not disappointed. I absolutely love the Twilight series. This book was more detailed and broad than Twilight. This book explains and expands on the struggle of what the Cullens went through to 'exist' among the humans, to keep the monsters at bay. It touches on back stories of all the Cullens and how they came to be. The plot is basically the same as the original Twilight book, but is told from Edwards point of view. The characters were more developed. You got to know each Cullens' personality a little better. (Emmett is so much cooler in this book....what a funny guy/vampire) Bella is more likable in this book. She isn't a dull character at all. More of her personality is described. In the Twilight book, Bella is infatuated with Edward, so much that other details of the story are vague or left you with questions or guesses. I really enjoyed reading what other characters were thinking, per Edwards mind-reading ability.

I loved the Twilight series. I still do. But after reading Edwards point of view, I now feel complete. I feel like I know all the characters better. Because of that, I enjoy this series so much more. I feel like I can now re-read Twilight and fill in the cracks. *Highly recommend for lovers of Twilight*

message 7: by Nevin (new)

Nevin | 2 comments Yes, I agree! :)