Lizziefaye's Comfy Corner discussion

Summer Fling 2020 > Ransom Canyon discussion Chapters 11-20

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 383 comments Use this thread to chat about chapters 11-20 of Ransom Canyon.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Tracewell (tallulaaisling) | 4 comments There is a lot going on now. Chapter 13 was very sweet. I'm rooting hard for Yancy!

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna | 81 comments This section moves the saga of the three couples along. Much is in jeopardy at this point, yet shows promise for the future of this book and future books. Chapter 13 refers to how Ransom Canyon got its name, so I am becoming even more interested in reading the ebook prequel.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 383 comments Now things are getting interesting! This is what I like best about Jodi Thomas. She can really weave in interesting story. I like how she includes some mystery and intrigue into her books.

I like the relationship of Staton and Lucas. Staton seems to really be able to read Lucas well. I was worried that the sheriff would try to pin the trouble on Lucas and it was good to see the fierce loyalty between Staton and Lucas even before anything major happened between them. (I've actually read into chapter 23 before realizing it, and so I stopped in order to comment)

I should have seen a pregnancy coming a mile away! I was not shocked by that at all, especially since it was pointed out that Staton's only heir had died. Now at least there is a hope for his family line to continue.

Quinn's farm sounds like a nice place to visit. I've never really thought about anyone actually farming lavender, but I guess they must, since there is a market for it.

I hope that Yancy comes clean about his past before anything else bad happens that he could get blamed for. I'm just waiting for someone to discover his history and automatically think that he is the perpetrator. I have a feeling though, that he has some heroics in his future regarding the two ex-cons that he spotted in the store. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

I'm doing some mindless work on the computer, so I'm going to keep listening for awhile. I may even finish the last portion today.