2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > TBR Twins, August

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (last edited Jul 31, 2020 06:11PM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3978 comments Below are your TBR twins for August! Please reach out to your twin to choose a book to read. If you don't hear from your twin after a couple of days, please post in this thread and pair yourself up with someone else who didn't hear back.

You can also use this thread to tell us what you've decided to read and what you thought of it after you've finished.

Shilpa
Adriana

Deborah
Mary-Ann

Alya
Marleen

Robyn
Laura

Patti
Satin

Shraddha
Snezana

Sayonee
Cheryl

Sara (msg 11)
Jenni

Fadi
Joanna

Jess
hannah

Tiffany
Cássia

Tayo
Eliza

Gail
Batul

Ruthie
ΔPurpleΔ

Nadine
Sara (msg 48)

Paromita
Eveliina

Miriam
vama

Line
Rachel

Harsha
Melody

Ashleigh
Annu

Nicole
Claire

Norine
Alaina

Kat
Caoi

Melissa
trav

Srikar
Auntie Terror

Shefali
Taisha

Vivek
Cassie

Anissa
Mark

Meera
Alexw

Caits
Moni

Rowan
Kara

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3978 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "More⌄", and then "compare books".

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Marleen (new)

Marleen | 786 comments Alya and I will be reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January

message 4: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 255 comments

Norine and I will be reading The Husband's Secret!

message 5: by Alexw (new)

Alexw | 61 comments Meera and I will be reading Au Pair by Emma Rous

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kohlbrenner Line and I will reading The Kite Runner together.

message 7: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Motbey | 1080 comments I have not heard from my twin. Is there anyone else wanting to go with me?

message 8: by Eveliina (new)

Eveliina (rantaneneve) | 12 comments Paromita and I are going to read Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

message 9: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 435 comments @Ashleigh Motbey: So far I haven't heard from my twin either. I wanted to give them until the 5th to see if they get back to me after all. If you're still without a twin by then, I'd be happy to twin up with you.

message 10: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Motbey | 1080 comments @auntie Terror, not a problem :)

message 11: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I haven't heard from my twin either. They have messages blocked so I tried commenting on one of their status updates. Hope that works

message 12: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (jari-chan) Fadi and I will be reading Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl.

message 13: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Lindsay | 9 comments i messaged my twin with no response

message 14: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Jenni we can match up since we haven't heard from our twins! I'll message you

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess | 16 comments Hi no response from my twin so if anyone would like to match up :)

message 16: by Anissa (new)

Anissa Michaud | 256 comments Mark and I will be reading The Book of Lost Names.

message 17: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Jenni and I reading Clockwork Prince

message 18: by Ashleigh (last edited Aug 07, 2020 04:24AM) (new)

Ashleigh Motbey | 1080 comments Auntie Terror and I ended up pairing up and we will be reading The Fifth Season this month!

message 19: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 435 comments Srikar and I will be reading "Bird Box".

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melthereader) | 148 comments Jess wrote: "Hi no response from my twin so if anyone would like to match up :)"

Hi Jess! No response from my twin either, so we could try to match up if you like!

message 21: by Jess (new)

Jess | 16 comments Melissa wrote: "Jess wrote: "Hi no response from my twin so if anyone would like to match up :)"

Hi Jess! No response from my twin either, so we could try to match up if you like!"

Yes would be great, will drop you a message

message 22: by Shefali (last edited Aug 07, 2020 12:03AM) (new)

Shefali Mallya (shefali_m) | 8 comments Hey, thank you for twinning. I and Taisha planning to read Gone Girl from next week.

message 23: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 255 comments

We loved our first book and had crazy discussions. Up next, Norine and I will be reading Ella Enchanted!

message 24: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3978 comments It turns out that both Rowan and I have had The Incendiaries on our to-read lists for ages but have been discouraged by all the negative reviews, so we've decided to read it together.

message 25: by Mary-Ann (new)

Mary-Ann Smith (marysorangebookcorner) | 171 comments Myself and Deborah read Black Leopard, Red Wolf together and are now reading The Kingdom of Liars.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.