2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Aug 31, 2020 07:22PM) (new)

Laura | 2328 comments AUGUST 2020

Buddy/Challenge Reads

The Janes#2
Arranged✔️5 stars
Not My Romeo✔️4 stars
Heart Bones✔️5 stars
The Takeover#2
Ruined✔️5 stars
Shadows
Captured
Worth the Fight
Surviving Raine✔️4 stars
Accidentally on Purpose✔️5 stars
Gin Fling
Try Me✔️3 1/2 stars
The Divorce✔️5 stars

The Janes (Alice Vega, #2) by Louisa Luna Arranged by R.K. Lilley Not My Romeo (The Game Changers #1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover Ruined (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #6) by April Wilson Shadows (Bayou Magic #1) by Kristen Proby Captured (Devil's Blaze MC, #1) by Jordan Marie Worth it All MMA Fighter, The Complete Series by Vi Keeland Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1) by Shay Savage Accidentally on Purpose (Accidentally on Purpose, #1) by L.D. Davis Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5) by Lucy Score Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #1) by Olivia Cunning The Divorce (The Relationship Quo, #1) by Nicole Strycharz

PICK FOR ME
King✔️4 stars
Tyrant✔️4 stars
Flow✔️4 stars
Grip✔️ 2 1/2 stars
In Flight✔️4 stars
Mile High✔️4 stars
Grounded✔️4 stars

This is War, Baby✔️4 stars
Reckless✔️5 stars

King (King, #1) by T.M. Frazier Grip (Grip, #1) by Kennedy Ryan Tyrant (King, #2) by T.M. Frazier In Flight (Up in the Air, #1) by R.K. Lilley This is War, Baby (War & Peace, #1) by K. Webster Reckless by Stella Rhys Mile High (Up in the Air, #2) by R.K. Lilley Grounded (Up in the Air, #3) by R.K. Lilley

2-3-4
#Selfie#4
Goalie#3
Steadfast#2
Broken#3
One Tiny Lie#2
#Selfie (Hashtag, #4) by Cambria Hebert Goalie (Texas Mutiny, #3) by M.E. Carter Steadfast (True North, #2) by Sarina Bowen Broken (Deep Ops #3) by Rebecca Zanetti One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2) by K.A. Tucker

NEW

The Dark Light of Day✔️5 stars
Dark Needs✔️4 stars
The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1) by T.M. Frazier Dark Needs (The Dark Light of Day, #1.5) by T.M. Frazier

Rush✔️4 1/2 stars
Fever✔️4 stars
Burn✔️5 stars

Rush (Breathless, #1) by Maya Banks Fever (Breathless, #2) by Maya Banks Burn (Breathless, #3) by Maya Banks

Something in the Way✔️3 stars
Somebody Else's Sky✔️4 stars
Move the Stars
Lake + Manning

Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1) by Jessica Hawkins Somebody Else's Sky (Something in the Way, #2) by Jessica Hawkins Move the Stars (Something in the Way, #3) by Jessica Hawkins Lake + Manning (Something in the Way, #4) by Jessica Hawkins

The Story Of Carnage: The Complete Carnage Collection: Books 1-5
The Story Of Carnage The Complete Carnage Collection Books 1-5 by Lesley Jones

Hearts of Darkness
Hearts Divine
Hearts On Fire

Hearts of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy, #1) by Catherine Wiltcher Hearts Divine (The Santiago Trilogy #2) by Catherine Wiltcher Hearts On Fire (The Santiago Trilogy #3) by Catherine Wiltcher

Hate to Love You
Tear Stained Beaches✔️4 stars
Untouchable✔️4 1/2 stars
Am I the Only One✔️4 stars
The Stopover✔️5 stars

Hate to Love You by Elise Alden Tear Stained Beaches by Courtney Giardina Am I the Only One by E.K. Blair Untouchable by Isabel Love The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1) by T.L. Swan

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2439 comments Your list looks interesting.

Read the Maya Banks years ago. Actually fell out of like with her ( was reading one of. Her series that had no end in sight and took awhile for the next one to be released. Only to be disappointed in because it was so flat). So I'll be interested to see what you think of the trilogy. If memory serves me right that was a good one

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11018 comments Mod
Great list, Laura💜 Enjoy!

Like Michelle, I used to read Maya Banks routinely until she changed her writing direction. Really looking forward to your feedback on these.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2328 comments Michelle wrote: "Your list looks interesting.

Read the Maya Banks years ago. Actually fell out of like with her ( was reading one of. Her series that had no end in sight and took awhile for the next one to be rele..."

Michelle wrote: "Your list looks interesting.

Read the Maya Banks years ago. Actually fell out of like with her ( was reading one of. Her series that had no end in sight and took awhile for the next one to be rele..."

My list is mostly challenge driven, so it’s all over the place. I’m also into drama/cheating books right now so I have a bunch of those too. Are you talking about Maya Banks KGI series? I have a few of those to read to get caught up.

message 5: by Laura (last edited Aug 01, 2020 07:28AM) (new)

Laura | 2328 comments Jonetta wrote: "Great list, Laura💜 Enjoy!

Like Michelle, I used to read Maya Banks routinely until she changed her writing direction. Really looking forward to your feedback on these."

Thanks! I still like Maya, my library just added tons of her books so I think I’m gonna go on a binge.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11018 comments Mod
Wonderful! I'll wait to see your thumbs up.

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2414 comments Enjoy your reading!

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 982 comments Great list. I read several on your list years ago. I'm interested to see what you think.

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 982 comments Laura wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Your list looks interesting. Are you talking about Maya Banks KGI series? I have a few of those to read to get caught up ..."

I love the KGI series. There are a couple that don't stand up to the early books though. I gave Maya a break because she had some serious health issues, I don't look for her books on release anymore, but I do read them if I come across a sale.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2439 comments Laura wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Your list looks interesting.

Read the Maya Banks years ago. Actually fell out of like with her ( was reading one of. Her series that had no end in sight and took awhile for the ne..."

Yes the other series was KGI. Like Jonetta said her writing style just changed. I read a few others as well. But that was the series I never finished. She had a historical series that I also liked.

Enjoy your binge of this author

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4333 comments Mod
Wonderful list! Enjoy!

message 12: by Lauren (last edited Aug 02, 2020 09:23PM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4333 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "YRead the Maya Banks years ago. Actually fell out of like with her ( was reading one of. Her series that had no end in sight and took awhile for the next one to be released. .."

I've stopped reading her as well. Her writing has deteriorated into a hot mess and her constant pushing back of publication dates is very annoying. I understand that she has health issues, but it's just ridiculous now.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2328 comments Sharon wrote: "Laura wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Your list looks interesting. Are you talking about Maya Banks KGI series? I have a few of those to read to get caught up ..."

I love the KGI series. There are a coup..."

I’m giving her a break too because of her health, but even if she retired just because that is ok too. My favorite KGI books were the ones with the worse reviews I have two more to go.

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 982 comments I know she was on her death bed for a time. I didn't expect her to worry about writing.

I don't remember which ones had the bad reviews anymore. I rarely agree with romance readers reviews. I don't know if it is my age, or what.

As I remember the only one that was only OK for me and a little disappointing was Van. I imagined his story differently. I should go back and read it again now that my preconceived ideas are gone.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2439 comments Just saw you pick for me list. I think you're going to love King. In flight? Not bad but that's the first of a trilogy. You are warned. I've had This is war, baby on my TBR shelf for a while. So I'd love to see what you think of that one as well.
Really got some good reading options.

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2328 comments Michelle wrote: "Just saw you pick for me list. I think you're going to love King. In flight? Not bad but that's the first of a trilogy. You are warned. I've had This is war, baby on my TBR shelf for a while. So I'..."

I think most of my pick it for me are series, duets or trilogies unfortunately, but they are ones I’ve wanted to start for a long time. I’m almost dome with book 2 of that Bank’s trilogy. I’m liking it a lot. I Haven’t read BDSM for a long time.

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2439 comments Laura wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Just saw you pick for me list. I think you're going to love King. In flight? Not bad but that's the first of a trilogy. You are warned. I've had This is war, baby on my TBR shelf f..."

Glad it's working for you.

message 18: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2597 comments Great list for your August reading.