FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2020 EVENTS > Day 1 Magical Mystery!!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Jul 31, 2020 05:21AM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 1428 comments Hiya! Today is day one of our Wizarding Week!! Join us for special Wizarding treats and fun!

Today, I'll post a nice wizard-y riddle for you all to solve, tomorrow you can guess the answer! 🤔🧙🏻‍♂️🧐

message 2: by Keira (new)

Keira (lovetoreadthrillers) | 45 comments Oooo I LOVE riddles!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 1428 comments Me too! I'll post as soon as I finish dinner xD

message 4: by Keira (new)

Keira (lovetoreadthrillers) | 45 comments Okay :)

message 5: by Elsje (moony) (last edited Jul 31, 2020 04:10AM) (new)

Elsje (moony) Mitchell | 51 comments I'm absolutely terrible at riddles but I REALLY like them 😆😂 I honestly doubt I'd be able to get into my own common room if I went to Hogwarts xD

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 1428 comments Elsje wrote: "I'm absolutely terrible at riddles but I REALLY like them 😆😂 I honestly doubt I'd be able to get into my own common room if I went to Hogwarts xD"

Haha, poor Ravenclaws! 😹

message 7: by Elsje (moony) (new)

Elsje (moony) Mitchell | 51 comments Amanda (Artist Cat) wrote: "Elsje wrote: "I'm absolutely terrible at riddles but I REALLY like them 😆😂 I honestly doubt I'd be able to get into my own common room if I went to Hogwarts xD"

Haha, poor Ravenclaws! 😹"

😂😂

message 8: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Jul 31, 2020 06:37AM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 1428 comments So, here's the riddle:

You are chosen to represent your Wizarding school in a deadly duel.

One of your opponents is from the Wizarding school of Ilvermorny, and he owns a wand that could turn you into a turkey 🦃. Luckily, he only succeeds 70% of the time.

Your other opponent is a powerful enchantress from Hogwarts school of Witchcraft, and she had a wand that could turn you into a smelly old sock 🧦. She succeeds 90% of the time.

So the duel begins! You are chosen to cast your spell first, the Ilvermorny wizard goes next and the Hogwarts enchantress goes last. You will continue casting spells in this order until only one survives.
You cannot cast spells outside your turn. You cannot blast two opponents at once. You are allowed to sjip a turn, but if all three of you are still standing by the end of the first round, all three of you will be turned into snails. 🐌

Now you have to choose a wand. There are three choices:
- The Twiggy wand, which binds your opponents in vines. It has a 60% chance of success.
- The Waffle wand, which turns the opponent into pancakes 🥞. It has a 80% chance of success.
- And the extremely powerful and extremely rare Jumbo wand, which casts an elephant out of thin air to squish your opponents 🐘. It works perfectly 100% of the time.

Your opponents are both masters at logic and strategy, so they certainly will make choices that gives them the best chance of survival, so you must use your brain as well as your wand 🧠

Soooo, which wand should you choose and what should you do??

message 9: by Maryam (last edited Jul 31, 2020 05:38AM) (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 323 comments I'll choose the waffle wand, try my hardest and make two of them pancakes before they come for me!! If I choose the jumbo wand, chances are they'll escape the elephant as they are masters at logic and strategy and then come for me! So I choose the waffle wand and turn them into pancakes!
~Maryam

message 10: by Helena (new)

Helena | 9 comments i would also choose The Waffle wand. And i guess i would do my best and try to catch both as fast as possible to eliminate their chances of thinking to much and catching me.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 82 comments I would choose the Twiggy wand and and turn the Hogwarts opponent into a vine first and then use the vine to hold off the Ilvermorny opponent while I turn him into a vine too.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 1428 comments Um, very clever, but remember that you can't take two opponents at the same round. So it's like this:
You choose ONE opponent to attack.
Say you attacked the Hogwarts enchantress with the Jumbo wand.
Then she'll be squished and it'll be the Ilvermorny wizard's turn.
He will attack you because the Hogwarts enchantress is squished.
So you'll have 70% chance of being turned to turkey, so not good!

And sorry, please ignore the magical powers of the wands, I just made them up, they aren't part of the riddle! Sorry 😹

message 13: by Simone (new)

Simone (countbywords) | 13 comments I would choose the Twiggy wand, so then I'm not a target. Then, I would skip my turn, so the wizard and enchantress attack each other (and hope that one of them hits so we aren't turned into snails lol). And then I would try to hit the remaining person.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Connor Now, where have I seen this before?

JK. I know the answer and the question. I think that you still are omitting some rules. Some very crucial rules. Like the one where you have the choice to point it anywhere, say at yourself. Or at the wand itself.

message 15: by Rheanna (new)

Rheanna (goodreadscomuser_rheanna) Ok going off of what Kevin said, I would use the twiggy wand, and hope that it works and covers me in vines, then I couldn’t get hit with the other spells.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Connor Nice Rheanna but he has to make it an official rule.

message 17: by Maryam (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 323 comments I should choose the Waffle wand as it has 80% chance of success. But you would ask why not choose the Jumbo wand, it has 100% chance of success! It would cast an elephant but they would be able to cast some other spell and would do something before the elephant even appears! But if I choose the Waffle wand I could turn them into pancakes before they cast a spell on me.
-Zainab

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 1428 comments Kevin wrote: "Now, where have I seen this before?

JK. I know the answer and the question. I think that you still are omitting some rules. Some very crucial rules. Like the one where you have the choice to point..."

Nope, I'm not omitting anything :)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 1428 comments Simone wrote: "I would choose the Twiggy wand, so then I'm not a target. Then, I would skip my turn, so the wizard and enchantress attack each other (and hope that one of them hits so we aren't turned into snails..."

YESYESYES! Simone, you are RIGHT! Yayyy! 🎉🎊
Well done everyone, lots of different answers! I never thought of half of those!

If you want the official answer, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mmkCS5eA4f8

I hope you enjoyed it! 😊

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.