Appointment With Agatha discussion

Links and resources > Take my Agatha Christie quiz!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 922 comments The Women of Agatha Christie.

Report your score here!

message 2: by BrokenTune (new)

BrokenTune | 348 comments Christine PNW wrote: "The Women of Agatha Christie.

Report your score here!"

What fun! But such a fiendish quiz! I had a to guess a couple as I thought I got them mixed up.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) | 140 comments It was fiendish. It’s been so long since I’ve done a Christie binge that I’m stumped

message 4: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 922 comments Ha! I could have kept going, but decided to stop at 10.

message 5: by Karina (new)

Karina | 8 comments 7 out of 10...

message 6: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 922 comments Karina wrote: "7 out of 10..."

That's quite good - some of those were pretty obscure!

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan | 26 comments 2 out of 10. I didn't think I'd get any. That was hard!

message 8: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 922 comments Megan wrote: "2 out of 10. I didn't think I'd get any. That was hard!"

By the time we are done here, you'll know all of the answers, lol!

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) | 140 comments Megan wrote: "2 out of 10. I didn't think I'd get any. That was hard!"

You are brave. I decided not to even grade it 😸

message 10: by Lesle (new)

Lesle 4 out of 10 but to be honest I guessed on all of them so really 0 out of 10 :(

Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) (themis-athena) | 471 comments Excellent quiz! I revisited quite a few of these fairly recently ... that definitely helped.

message 12: by Lillelara (new)

Lillelara | 65 comments 7 out of 10. It would have been 8 out of 10, but I´ve got the easiest of them all wrong: I´ve put Mary Debenham in the wrong book.

message 13: by BrokenTune (new)

BrokenTune | 348 comments Lillelara wrote: "7 out of 10. It would have been 8 out of 10, but I´ve got the easiest of them all wrong: I´ve put Mary Debenham in the wrong book."

I nearly mixed up the Ms Greys...

message 14: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 922 comments BrokenTune wrote: "Lillelara wrote: "7 out of 10. It would have been 8 out of 10, but I´ve got the easiest of them all wrong: I´ve put Mary Debenham in the wrong book."

I nearly mixed up the Ms Greys..."

Those Miss Greys are quite tricky. There is even a third Miss Grey who didn't make it into the quiz!

Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) (themis-athena) | 471 comments Christine PNW wrote: "Those Miss Greys are quite tricky. There is even a third Miss Grey who didn't make it into the quiz!"

At least they're distinguishable. I'd have cried foul if you'd included a maid named Gladys ...

message 16: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 922 comments Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) wrote: "Christine PNW wrote: "Those Miss Greys are quite tricky. There is even a third Miss Grey who didn't make it into the quiz!"

At least they're distinguishable. I'd have cried foul if you'd included ..."

I would never do such a thing. GAD fiction requires that we play fair!

message 17: by BrokenTune (new)

BrokenTune | 348 comments Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) wrote: "Christine PNW wrote: "Those Miss Greys are quite tricky. There is even a third Miss Grey who didn't make it into the quiz!"

At least they're distinguishable. I'd have cried foul if you'd included ..."

Bwahahahahaaa...!!

Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) (themis-athena) | 471 comments Christine PNW wrote: "I would never do such a thing. GAD fiction requires that we play fair!"

Indeed! "Play up, play up, and play the game" ... :)

message 19: by Pip (new)

Pip | 16 comments Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) wrote: "At least they're distinguishable. I'd have cried foul if you'd included a maid called Gladys"

An excellent point! We should have a thread for things that we spot which Christie does over and over again.

- Maids called Gladys

And I would add

- somebody who is adenoidal / has adenoids.

Seriously. She obviously had a thing about adenoids 🤷🏽‍♀️

message 20: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 57 comments Oh dear! 4 out of 10. Whets the appetite for a re-read though doesn't it!

Natalie aka Tannat | 93 comments 4 out of 10, but I haven't read most of those books!

message 22: by Lillelara (last edited Aug 06, 2020 06:52AM) (new)

Lillelara | 65 comments Uhm, it´s is slightly off topic, but because of one specific thing discussed in this thread (and a multitude of other things, which I know a whole lot of you love - at least the people I have known for a very long time), I think the majority of you would really enjoy reading To Say Nothing of the Dog. I´m not telling you anything more specific, though ;).

Natalie aka Tannat | 93 comments Lillelara wrote: "Uhm, it´s is slightly off topic, but because of one specific thing discussed in this thread (and a multitude of other things, which I know a whole lot of you love - at least the people I have known..."

I've been meaning to reread To Say Nothing of the Dog, actually. Buddy read?

message 24: by Lillelara (new)

Lillelara | 65 comments Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Lillelara wrote: "Uhm, it´s is slightly off topic, but because of one specific thing discussed in this thread (and a multitude of other things, which I know a whole lot of you love - at least the p..."

I´m almost done with, I have a about five hours left of my audiobook. But maybe someone else is interested in a buddy read. I think that would be a whole lot of fun for everyone :). And I would be lurking on the sidelines, following the conversation.
So far I´m loving it so much and the narrator of the audiobook is fantastic.

message 25: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 922 comments Lillelara wrote: "Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Lillelara wrote: "Uhm, it´s is slightly off topic, but because of one specific thing discussed in this thread (and a multitude of other things, which I know a whole lot o..."

Probably not until November for me, but it's a definite maybe at that point. My reading for the next three months is already completely overscheduled!

Natalie aka Tannat | 93 comments Lillelara wrote: "Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Lillelara wrote: "Uhm, it´s is slightly off topic, but because of one specific thing discussed in this thread (and a multitude of other things, which I know a whole lot o..."

I actually meant a general buddy read if others were interested. I realize I didn't express myself very well. I figured you were finished or just about finished!

message 27: by Lillelara (new)

Lillelara | 65 comments Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Lillelara wrote: "Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Lillelara wrote: "Uhm, it´s is slightly off topic, but because of one specific thing discussed in this thread (and a multitude of other things, which I ..."

Yeah, I´m a bit burned out at the moment and my brain doesn´t work properly, so I didn´t get that when i first read it. I should have gotten that, though. Sorry :).

Natalie aka Tannat | 93 comments Regardless, you'll get to watch from the sidelines :)

message 29: by Tara (new)

Tara  | 105 comments Shockingly I managed to get 9/10. Some I had to do a process of elimination if I hadn't read the book, but I did better than I expected!