The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
This topic is about One Dark Throne
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > One Dark Throne (August 2020) Buddy Read Discussion - Laura ☾ & Janelle

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Jul 30, 2020 01:00PM) (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 533 comments Mod
Welcome to One Dark Throne Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on August 3rd and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each day we will be reading by chapters or page numbers. Page numbers are based on the hardcover pages that are on Goodreads. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 8/3
August 3: 14% or 64 pages
August 4: 14% or 64 pages
August 5: 14% or 64 pages
August 6: 14% or 64 pages
August 7: 14% or 64 pages
August 8: 14% or 64 pages

Week of 8/9
August 9: 14% or 64 pages

PARTICIPANTS
~ Laura ☾
~ Janelle

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments I read the start and I’m so curious as to what happened to Katharine that she now has that kind of power and of course new attitude and personality as well

I cant waiiiit to knooow

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments I didn't get a chance to start this yesterday but will catch up today!

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments Up to about 30%

I'm still not feeling the whole Jules/Joseph thing at all

But I am liking this new Katharine more and more

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments Same!
I still don’t want Jules and Joseph being a couple and all

And this second book seems more exciting!

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments Im still a bit so/so about it

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments I'm up to 50% now - I don't know what it is but i'm just not feeling that invested.

I might finish the book today to get it over with haha

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments Ok I'm abuot 74% in and I think I'll leave it there for today

How are you finding it?

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments I stopped at 32% yesterday and felt the want to strangle Joseph. I also didn't understand how Pietyr did it for love. I'll try to catch up today!

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments Ok so I finished it - and I'm still not sure how I feel. I mean it wasn't bad, but the pacing was just so off to me - and I still didn't really feel like any of the relationships actually developed?

(view spoiler)

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments I’m at 56%. It’s kinda okay for me although sometimes I feel frustrated reading it. I don’t know i have mixed emotions about this book

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments Yes I get you! I also don’t know how I feel still - it’s not bad but it’s not amazing either although I like the premise

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments I dont know if the frustration with the book is something I am supposed to feel given the premise of the boon though

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments I don’t know but my frustration is more with the pacing and the relationships - not the plot - if that makes sense? Like people falling in love left right and centre with little development?

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments I get it!! There is little development with the relationships.

Also I’m sorry I stopped at 62% and will stop for now and may continue this latter part of the week because I have to catch up with schoolwork first

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments No problem! I’ll be here to discuss whenever you do!

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments OMG I just finished. I’m not sure how to describe how I feel. I think the plot was good. Some events were kind of twisted but in a good way. I felt less frustration towards the end of the book so yeah it was okay i think

Laura ☾ | 1000 comments So I finished the series - let me know what you think if you continue!

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments That might take a while for me but will do update you!

Janelle (sereneged_nelle) | 51 comments Laura ☾ wrote: "So I finished the series - let me know what you think if you continue!"

I might not read the rest of the series soon, sorry! Although I wanna know what you thought of it, and if I should continue on

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.