Page Turners discussion

So Lucky
This topic is about So Lucky
#5 So Lucky - Dawn O'Porter

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah Turner | 75 comments Mod
Hey everyone! I feel like we're all in need of a light-hearted, funny, female friendly book after a few more serious ones over the past few months. I've had this on my 'to read' list for a while and by the sounds of it, I think we'll all enjoy it! Excited for this one! :) Hope you can all join!!

Start Date: 10.08.20
Aim to finish by: 07.09.20

Summary:

Beth shows that women really can have it all.
Ruby lives life by her own rules.
And then there's Lauren, living the dream.

AS PERFECT AS IT LOOKS?

Beth hasn't had sex in a year.
Ruby feels like she's failing.
Lauren's happiness is fake news.

And it just takes one shocking event to make the truth come tumbling out...

Buy it here:

Amazon (£4.49) - https://amzn.to/39Ezoho
Waterstones (£6.99) - https://bit.ly/30d8avh
Kindle Edition (£2.99) - https://amzn.to/2P93UXp

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe  Donnelley | 8 comments Sounds right up my street! In need of some lightheartedness recently so this will be the perfect read! Looking forward to starting it x

Natasha Baker | 11 comments I’ve already started and you’re in for a treat guys. Loving it 😂😉x

Ellie | 2 comments Finished the book in 2 days! Very easy read and I loved it ♥️

Charlotte Marshall | 4 comments Just joined through your youtube. Started reading this and it’s great so far it’s so relatable. Loving it

message 6: by Haidee (new) - added it

Haidee | 4 comments picked this up for 99p on kindle, rly hoping to start it soon as it’s one i’ve been meaning to read!! judging from these comments it sounds like it’s a good’un too ☺️

message 7: by Esther (new)

Esther (estarturner) | 25 comments Is it just me struggling to get into this book🤷🏻‍♀️ think it’s because I don’t like one of the characters already lol 😂

Charlotte Marshall | 4 comments I agree I’m half way through and struggling to want to pick it up I think it’s because the story is more about the characters rather than a story even though as a mother I can relate to both characters in some way but find Ruby’s attitude is off putting lol but I do find her funny. I find both characters really funny actually and very honest.

message 9: by Meg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Meg | 4 comments I really struggled to get into this book as I just couldn’t connect to one of the characters either but I carried on and once I was about 75% through the book I loved it and didn’t want to put it down! It definitely gets better I think 😊

Emily (dinky_dreamer) | 17 comments I started it tonight and im 155 pages in and I feel Ruby's chararcter is quite intense and I'm really struggling to not get consumed by her thoughts and actions. I actually feel quite mentally exhausted after reading her chapters. Yeah I'm struggling with this one, but i shall persevere.

Charlotte Marshall | 4 comments Ive finally finished it and have to agree with Megan. Everything happened at once and I loved how it ended. I have really enjoyed it actually thinking about it lol.

Emily Baker | 10 comments I loved how easy this was to read, but I do agree that I struggled with Ruby at times! But at the same time I think it was interesting to read about her self doubt throughout the book so that the message in the last few chapters could really come across! Definitely got better the more you read though :)

message 13: by Leah (last edited Aug 28, 2020 03:32AM) (new) - added it

Leah Turner | 75 comments Mod
Omg guys I have had such a busy month so I'm only on page 30! Haha! I'm determined to get my head stuck into it over bank holiday weekend :) Glad you're enjoying it, you guys are encouraging me to pick it up!!! :)
(Hope everyones keeping safe and well xx)

Emily (dinky_dreamer) | 17 comments Don't worry Leah I havent picked the book back up since my previous comment on here, you suddenly become quite busy when you turn 30 =) I think I'm putting myself off picking up as the first 155 pages were so intense, but i am determined to finish it. xx

message 15: by Esther (new)

Esther (estarturner) | 25 comments I still haven’t Finnished this book I just can’t get into it so will leave it for Xmas and go onto the next book I think xx