What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Last Picture Show
This topic is about The Last Picture Show
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA 1950’s/early 1960’s. American novel. Small town group of teenagers coming of age. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (last edited Sep 17, 2020 05:44PM) (new) - added it

Jane Valente | 2 comments SOLVED It’s a realistic fiction novel that takes place in the 1950’s or early 1960’s in a small town in America. I think it was also written during that time period. It may have been a small town in the south or midwest. I believe it centered around a group of high school teenagers mixed of at least a couple of guys and i think a couple girls. I don’t think the book was too plot-heavy, it just followed around these teenagers as they lived their lives. A coming of age story. There may have been a plot line involving a teacher, too. I believe the author was male, but there’s a chance it was a female author. The cover I saw was an artistic non-realistic colorful drawing of the characters and maybe the town.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35703 comments Mod
Jane, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 9 comments The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

message 4: by Jane (new) - added it

Jane Valente | 2 comments Found it, it was The Last Picture Show by Larry McMurtry. Thank you.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35703 comments Mod
Great. Glad you found your book, Jane. Here's the link - The Last Picture Show by Larry McMurtry.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Last Picture Show (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Larry McMurtry (other topics)