Play Book Tag discussion

Frankly My Dear, I'm Dead (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Frankly My Dear, I'm Dead
July 2020: Southern > Frankly My Dear, I'm Dead by Livia J. Washburn- 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Theresa | 7573 comments Newly divorced Delilah, a red-head with spunk and a temper, has opened a southern literary themed travel agency in Atlanta, and she's taking out her very first tour: Gone with the Wind, of course. The tour includes touring the Margaret Mitchell House and the movie Museum one day, and a tour the next day of nearby 'Tara' plantation where a Gone with the Wind enactment by actors will occur, including a ball that evening. All goes well until Rhett Butler turns up dead in the garden during the ball. This is a cozy murder mystery after all.

I found this very enjoyable, the scene well set, the characters fun, the setting just great, and the murder mystery complex enough that I didn't solve it before the very end. Best of all, the crimes are solved basically in a 24 hour period. And yes, I deliberately said 'crimes'.

Will definitely read the next in the series -- all titles thus mysteries linked to some fiction set in the south.

message 2: by NancyJ (last edited Jul 29, 2020 10:12PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5658 comments I love reading your reviews. This sounds so fun.

I've been thinking about Gone with the Wind this week, since I found out that Olivia de Havilland died. She was 104. When I was really young I wanted to be vivacious like Scarlet, but then I decided I'd much rather be like Melanie.

Theresa | 7573 comments NancyJ wrote: "I love reading your reviews. This sounds so fun.

I've been thinking about Gone with the Wind this week, since I found out that Olivia de Havilland died. She was 104. When I was really young I wan..."

Thank you, NancyJ! Melanie definitely appeals when we are more mature, although I still don't get her love and attraction to milquetoast Ashley Wilkes.