What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Any age spin off of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, following Elizabeth. Read in early 2000's.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (wils7501) | 3 comments This is a book I read in the early 2000's, probable between 2001-2005. It is based off of Pride and Prejudice and follows Elizabeth Darcy. It takes place 1 or 2 years after her marriage. I can only remember a theme that takes place throughout and that is how she hasn't gotten pregnant yet and the stress that is causing to her and the pressure she is getting from family about that. I know Georgiana also is a prominent figure in the book

message 2: by Blanca (new)

Blanca | 10 comments Could it be Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39626 comments Mod
Cassandra, please add some more plot detail to your topic header, since there are thousands of P & P spinoffs. We need some more specifics in your header.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda | 25 comments As said above, lots of people have tried to continue the P&P story but it could be Pemberley: Or Pride and Prejudice Continued by Emma Tennant, where there is a subplot about Elizabeth worrying she won't be able to have children at the same time as one or more of her sisters (Lydia as the main one, or one of them in particular, perhaps?) having several children easily & quickly after getting married.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andrealb) | 64 comments It sounds like Mr. Darcy Presents His Bride: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice (also titled A Private Performance). I remember the pregnancy issue particularly.