2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Christina T's August 2020 Reading Plan

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina T (last edited Aug 30, 2020 10:28AM) (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 544 comments Because I'm participating in a romance reading challenge that calls our next prompts on Saturdays I won't be able to outline all of the books I hope to read this month but I will do what I can....

August
✔ ★ ➜ 🎧
Progress 18/32

Finish from last month or longer
➜Bears Behaving Badly by MaryJanice Davidson
➜🎧Things in Jars by Jess Kidd
✔🎧Devoted by Dean Koontz★★★★
➜🎧Once Upon a River by Diane Sutterfield (waiting to get it again from library)

2-3-4 Challenge

✔🎧(#1)The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne ★★★★1/2
(#7)A Dark and Stormy Knight by Kerrigan Byrne
(#.1-.5)Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs
(#9)Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs
🎧(#2) Minutes to Kill by Melinda Leigh
✔🎧(#2)If I should Die by Allison Brennan★★★★
➜(#4)Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs
✔🎧(#6)A Merciful Promise by Kendra Elliot ★★★★
🎧(#2)The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens
🎧(#6)Vengeance in Death by JD Robb
➜🎧(#5)Into the Night by Suzanne Brockmann

Other Books I Want to Read/Listen to
🎧Water Bound by Christine Feehan
✔ 🎧With a Hitch by RC Boldt ★★★★1/2
✔🎧The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros ★★★★1/2

Books I Added to the Plan
🎧Verity by Colleen Hoover
✔ Testing the Limits by Kira Sinclair ★★1/2
✔🎧My One and Only by Kristan Higgins★★★
✔🎧Sizzling by Susan Mallery★★★★
✔🎧The Hero by Robyn Carr★★★1/2
✔🎧Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson ★★★★
✔No Limits by Lori Foster ★★1/2
✔Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas ★★★1/2
✔🎧Magnate by Joanna Shupe ★★★
✔🎧The Substitute Millionaire by Susan Mallery ★★★★
✔🎧The Unexpected Millionaire by Susan Mallery ★★★1/2
➜Dating Can Be Murder by Jennifer Apodaca
✔🎧Love is Murder by Linda Palmer★★★
✔🎧Crunch Time by Diane Mott Davidson ★★

These books are Mysteries I have to postpone until after my Challenge is over
(view spoiler)

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4412 comments Mod
Good luck with the challenge, Christina!

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2475 comments Great list! I'm reading Amanda Steven's Graveyard Queen series too. It's very good.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments Good luck with your challenges! You can't go wrong with Kerrigan Byrne. I've never read Tijan.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11147 comments Mod
Some really great titles here, Christina! I kind of wish I was listening to The Highwayman for the first time again. Loved that book.

Enjoy everything💜

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1030 comments Happy Reading. I love your heading - Finish from last month or longer - At the rate I'm going I will need to borrow it.

message 7: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 544 comments Laura wrote: "Good luck with your challenges! You can't go wrong with Kerrigan Byrne. I've never read Tijan."

I have not read anything by Tijan either but it's available on my Audible Escape and fits in with this weeks challenge for one of the games I'm playing....so we'll see.

I've only read one Byrne in this series and it was book 6 so I'm going to go back and get them all. Audibke Escape has them available so I'm going to listen to one and see which method I like better. Audio or ebook. I do miss not being able to highlight great passages and share them. It's the downside to an audiobook for me.

message 8: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 544 comments Sharon wrote: "Happy Reading. I love your heading - Finish from last month or longer - At the rate I'm going I will need to borrow it."

I'm habitually pushing certain books to the side for weeks and sometimes months. After 6 months I just scrap it and put it back on the TBR rather than the currently reading shelf. After that lokng there is no way I can pick a book up from 50% and know what the heck happened in the first half of the book.

message 9: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 544 comments Robin wrote: "Great list! I'm reading Amanda Steven's Graveyard Queen series too. It's very good."

I listened to the first and loved the experience. Creepy setting. Great southern accents (sometimes these can grate if not done well). I was left with so many questions about her ghost world and about Amelia as well. I wasn't able to fit the second in with my challenge but I'm going to get to it this month for sure.

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2475 comments I've read the first three in the series. The second book is a little different as it takes place in a different town and there are a bunch of new characters. I actually liked the third book better since we were back in Charleston and got a lot of questions answered.

message 11: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 544 comments Laura wrote: "I've never read Tijan."

The reading challenge I'm participating in is set up in such a way where we get extra credit if the book we read fits all 4 tasks but each title can only get claimed once. The person to search for a book that fits and reads it and posts first gets the extra credit. Someone already read Teardrop Shot by Tijan and posted so I'm pulling it off my list. I'd still get one credit for reading it but not the extra. There are other books I'm more interested in that will give me the same 1 credit.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments Christina T wrote: "Laura wrote: "I've never read Tijan."

The reading challenge I'm participating in is set up in such a way where we get extra credit if the book we read fits all 4 tasks but each title can only get ..."

Sounds complicated, lol.

message 13: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2665 comments Great list! You have some authors I really love. I just finished a book by MaryJanice Davidson. She is certainly an interesting author.

message 14: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 544 comments Anita wrote: "Great list! You have some authors I really love. I just finished a book by MaryJanice Davidson. She is certainly an interesting author."

I have a love/hate relationship with MJD. I loved her Queen Betsy books until book 8 or so. I thought they went downhill from there. Super scattered writing style as it's written from Betsy's POV who is not only the Queen of the vampires but poster child for why ADD medications are necessary for some people.

Anyway, I started Bears Behaving Badly ages ago but it just hasn't been calling me to finish it. The quirkiness she gives to her characters is there but the works building is not great. Hopefully I'll get it finished this month. If not....I guess you'll see it on my list next month too 😁

message 15: by Christina T (last edited Sep 04, 2020 05:37PM) (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 544 comments Just posting a clear post for what I read in August....
19 Books

✔🎧(#1)The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne ★★★★1/2
✔ 🎧With a Hitch by RC Boldt ★★★★1/2
✔🎧The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros ★★★★1/2
✔🎧Devoted by Dean Koontz★★★★
✔🎧(#2)If I should Die by Allison Brennan★★★★
✔(#4)Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs★★★★
✔🎧(#6)A Merciful Promise by Kendra Elliot ★★★★
✔🎧Sizzling by Susan Mallery★★★★
✔🎧Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson ★★★★
✔🎧The Substitute Millionaire by Susan Mallery ★★★★
✔🎧The Hero by Robyn Carr★★★1/2
✔🎧The Unexpected Millionaire by Susan Mallery ★★★1/2
✔Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas ★★★1/2
✔🎧Magnate by Joanna Shupe ★★★
✔🎧Love is Murder by Linda Palmer★★★
✔🎧My One and Only by Kristan Higgins★★★
✔No Limits by Lori Foster ★★1/2
✔ Testing the Limits by Kira Sinclair ★★1/2
✔🎧Crunch Time by Diane Mott Davidson ★★

message 16: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2665 comments Christina T wrote: "Anita wrote: "Great list! You have some authors I really love. I just finished a book by MaryJanice Davidson. She is certainly an interesting author."

I have a love/hate relationship with MJD. I l..."

I totally agree. She seems scattered, I called it quirky in my review. Not sure I'll read more by her.

message 17: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 544 comments Anita--If you're into just some paranormal fun fluff filler (say that 3 times fast LOL) her Queen Betsy books were so fun to read (up until they weren't...like I mentioned about book 8).