What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Kids' chapter book set in Western Massachusetts; siblings organize a march (for peace?)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rkiley) | 2 comments I'm trying to remember the name of a kids' chapter book that I read in the mid-1980s; I suspect it was published between the late '70s and mid-80s. Best as I can remember, it involved siblings who lived in a big old house in Western Massachusetts (maybe the Berkshires?) who organized some kind of long protest march, possibly an anti-war or anti-nukes march? And maybe there was a character named Jane? Sorry that's the best I can do! But I know I liked it and I'd love to re-read. Thanks!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rkiley) | 2 comments I solved my own mystery - sorry about that! After I posted this I remembered that there was a flag involved and did a better google search. The book is The Fragile Flag by Jane Langton, and the kids are cousins and from Concord, MA, not Western MA. Not sure how to move this to solved?

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jul 29, 2020 10:48AM) (new)

Kris | 35336 comments Mod
No worries. Thanks for the update, Rebecca.

I marked your request as Solved by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19561 comments The Fragile Flag for the link.