2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Michelle's August '20 reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments The plan is just to read whatever looks good and hopefully fill some slots in challenges. December is coming up fast. 😂

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Aug 31, 2020 12:05PM) (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Buddy🗯
Next in Series 📚
Challenge reads 📌
Binge 🅱️
✔ Secrets in death - J. D. Robb 🗯️
✔ Once upon a time - Alessandra Hazard
✔ Warrior daddy - Laylah Roberts
Love me - Piper Scott
Island Captive - Jane Henry 📌

reminding myself of what's what
✔ Eidolon - Grace Draven 🗯️

rereading (just because )
Tymber Dalton
✔ A roll of the dice
✔ A lovely shade of ouch 🔶
✔ Crafty bastards🔶
✔ a Merry little Kinkmas 🔶
✔ Sapiosexual
✔ a very kinky Valentine's that day
Laurann Dohner
✔ Moon
✔ True 🔶
✔ Darkness 🔶
✔ Smiley 🔶
✔ Numbers.

Didn't plan on it ( impulse reads 🔶)
✔ Prince's Master - Alessandra Hazard
✔ Junkyard dog - Bijou Hunter
✔ Bitch slap - Bijou Hunter
✔ Dragon - Harley Wylde
✔ Dagger - Harley Wylde
✔ Steele - Harley Wylde
✔ Kraken - Harley Wylde
✔ Heal me Daddy - Laylah Roberts
✔ no shrinking Violet - Becca Van
✔ his human slave - Renee Rose

Moon (New Species, #10) by Laurann Dohner A Roll of the Dice (Suncoast Society, #9) by Tymber Dalton Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2) by Grace Draven Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3) by Alessandra Hazard Prince's Master (Masters #1; Calluvia's Royalty, #4) by Alessandra Hazard A Lovely Shade of Ouch (Suncoast Society, #11) by Tymber Dalton Sarge (Dixie Reapers MC) by Harley Wylde Warrior Daddy (Montana Daddies, #6) by Laylah Roberts True (New Species, #11) by Laurann Dohner Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1) by Bijou Hunter Crafty Bastards (Suncoast Society, #12) by Tymber Dalton A Merry Little Kinkmas (Suncoast Society, #13) by Tymber Dalton Darkness (New Species, #12) by Laurann Dohner Dragon (Devil's Fury MC, #3) by Harley Wylde Heal Me Daddy (Montana Daddies, #8) by Laylah Roberts No Shrinking Violet Beautifully Imperfect 3  by Becca Van Dagger (Devil's Fury MC) by Harley Wylde Smiley (New Species, #13) by Laurann Dohner Numbers (New Species, #14) by Laurann Dohner Sapiosexual (Suncoast Society, #14) by Tymber Dalton Bitch Slap (White Horse, #2) by Bijou Hunter A Very Kinky Valentine's Day (Suncoast Society, #15) by Tymber Dalton Steel (Devil's Fury MC #5) by Harley Wylde Kraken (Hades Abyss MC #4) by Harley Wylde His Human Slave (Zandian Masters, #1) by Renee Rose
Carriered over and waiting

July
Indiscretion - Lesli Richardson (waiting for the trilogy to be completed.)
Cancer - Gemma James📚
✔ Sarge - Harley Wylde 📚
⏸️Own my soul - Jade West

June
Slay Quartet - Laurelin Paige

April
⏸️ Hot and Badgered - Shelly Laurenson

March
Beyond measure - Jane Henry

message 3: by Robin (last edited Jul 29, 2020 10:00AM) (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2433 comments I hope you enjoy your August books! Like you, I'm hoping to find books that fill in those challenges.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11048 comments Mod
Have a wonderful reading month, Michelle!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Robin wrote: "I hope you enjoy your August books! Like you, I'm hoping to find books that fill in those challenges."

Hope you have some success filling them. I'm not too stress. I do those for fun and if I don't complete them it's not a big thing for me.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Thank Jonetta. I'm sure you'll have a list to envy. Hope you have great reads.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4353 comments Mod
Have a great month, Michelle!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Have a great reading month Michelle. I’ll get to Slay someday!

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Lauren wrote: "Have a great month, Michelle!"

Thank you. Hope you have a great reads.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Laura wrote: "Have a great reading month Michelle. I’ll get to Slay someday!"

We will get there. Don't know but I'm not in a hurry to start it any time soon either. 😂

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1000 comments Happy reading. Sometimes re-reads are better the second time around.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Sharon wrote: "Happy reading. Sometimes re-reads are better the second time around."

So true.

message 13: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2617 comments Have a great reading month!

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb

As always lovely to visit with old friends. But.
This book was underwhelming for me. The case was okay. I figured out who done once I met him. The growth of characters was there but more of blodding along life's road. It feels like basically checking in with everyone after all the emotional Rollercoaster of the past few books. Just a reset before things start building up maybe...

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3) by Alessandra Hazard Prince's Master (Masters #1; Calluvia's Royalty, #4) by Alessandra Hazard

After reading the first 2 books last month I wanted to get to these sooner rather than later. I knew I would struggle somewhat with the style of writing. After reading a book that is direct and somehow just flows with information and gets on with it all I then turn to this where it almost reads like YA. I don't know. I love the story arc. The twist and turns. The sometimes intrigue. I just don't like how it's written. For me it's that read a page skip a page if not a chapter kind of read. Maybe I'm just too critical and this is not as bad. Just not my style of writing.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1) by Bijou Hunter

Once again I have Laura to thank for this gem.
New author and I like it a lot. The two MC were fabulous for each other. He really was as the title says, a junkyard dog. And she gave as good as she got. Together they're perfect. I loved the style of writing. I loved the story arc. I loved the flow of everything.

I will definitely be reading the rest of the series if not the others series by this author.

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Michelle wrote: "Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1) by Bijou Hunter

Once again I have Laura to thank for this gem.
New author and I like it a lot. The two MC were fabulous for each other. He really was as the title says, a junkya..."

I am so glad you liked it. I found it so hilarious. I’ve got to get back to this series.

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments I really loved Candy. She was so sassy and ready with an answer! Loved her wit.

What else have you read by this author? Should I read everything or avoid anything?

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Michelle wrote: "I really loved Candy. She was so sassy and ready with an answer! Loved her wit.

What else have you read by this author? Should I read everything or avoid anything?"

I’m ashamed to say I have not read anything else.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Oh good. I do want to read the kids story. But i see there are MC series that's like laurelinn Paige. Separate but form a whole. I think I'll give the fist book a try and see of I should just stick to White Horse
Damaged and the Beast (Damaged, #1) by Bijou Hunter

message 21: by Michelle (last edited Aug 17, 2020 09:43AM) (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Laura,
Just out of interest I'm looking to fill some challenges. An A-Z thing. I need author names starting with letter E, Y & a series name that start with the letter A. You don't have any suggestions?

I mean I have possibles but all via freebie route but I'm so over finding horrible read because I want to fill a slot.

When I agree to thes challenges it's sounds good until you start binging or keep reading the same author. Or the the books they wrote all start with the same letter . All good and clever of them but my challenges stagnate. Yes. I've A-Z about 5 challenges. Author, titles, series, geography, and scavenger hunt the cover.

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

Michelle, here’s the link to my series list which is in alpha order. Let me know if you have questions regarding any of them.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Highly recommend Kendra Elliot for your “E” author. We are reading her Mercy Kilpatrick series in another group and loving it!

I can’t think of a “Y” author right now but I’ll give it some thought.

message 23: by Jonetta (new)

Oh! Have you read Nicola Yoon? I enjoyed her Everything, Everything. It was made into a beautiful movie.
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Michelle wrote: "Laura,
Just out of interest I'm looking to fill some challenges. An A-Z thing. I need author names starting with letter E, Y & a series name that start with the letter A. You don't have any sugges..."

I will look

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments My favorite Y is Samantha Young - On Dublin Street
If you can have an E first name Eris Adderly Bass-Ackwards It is so raunchy I loved it.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
I’ll keep looking for more

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments A series
All Saints High LJ Shen LOL

Accidentally On Purpose I just read last week

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

E author
Katy Evans ManWhore series or Real I preferred ManWhore

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Thank Laura. All good suggestions.

I've read Samantha Young. But just the Dublin street ones. Think I actuly might be behind. With that series. Haven't tried any of her other. I can't remember why I stopped resting her.

Yes. I didn't notice the young ones were All Saints High. I'm still thinking Sinners of Saint. That will work perfectly.

Katy Evans I tried last year. It was manwhore. Didn't really like the writing. But maybe I gave up too soon? After the first book...
I'm off to check you other suggestions.

Thank you for the suggestions again.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Jonetta wrote: "Oh! Have you read Nicola Yoon? I enjoyed her Everything, Everything. It was made into a beautiful movie.
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon"

I haven't. Thank you Jonetta. Will check it out. Think I light have seen the trailer for the movie...

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Another A - I haven’t read it but it’s on my list for next month
Avoiding Series KA Linde

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Laura wrote: "If you can have an E first name Eris Adderly Bass-Ackwards It is so raunchy I loved it.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show......"

You know me so well. I'll be using this for my challenge.

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Jonetta wrote: "Michelle, here’s the link to my series list which is in alpha order. Let me know if you have questions regarding any of them.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

H..."

You are a superstar Jonetta. I've found some great suggestion. Actually series I started year ago and just forgot about. Some that I've kind of seen around but don't know why I didn't start.

message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments I knew I've some awesome friends. You're both the greatest help

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Michelle wrote: "Thank Laura. All good suggestions.

I've read Samantha Young. But just the Dublin street ones. Think I actuly might be behind. With that series. Haven't tried any of her other. I can't remember why..."

A stand-alone Samantha Young is Fight or FLight I liked it
Most people love Katy Evans Real( the hero) you could try that. but I wanted to throat punch the heroine. And yes I liked the books after Man Whore more then the first one.

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Michelle wrote: "Laura wrote: "If you can have an E first name Eris Adderly Bass-Ackwards It is so raunchy I loved it.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show......"

You know me so well. I'll be usi..."

I hope you like it or you will think there is something seriously wrong with me, LOL

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Please. You haven't led me.... I wanted to say astray but with the genres we read that's what we expect. 😂

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Laura wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Thank Laura. All good suggestions.

I've read Samantha Young. But just the Dublin street ones. Think I actuly might be behind. With that series. Haven't tried any of her other. I c..."

Aahh I think that was what had me not liking Evan. The heroine just irritated me. I'll give thr next book a try, maybe. Lol.

As for Samantha. I think I read the first 5 or 6 books then I sort of was binged out. The problem with binging is you get to a point and is over the whole series. What about her other series? I think I saw a new series that came out this week...

message 37: by Jonetta (new)

Michelle wrote: "I knew I've some awesome friends. You're both the greatest help"

Yay! I was hoping between the two of us we could help.

I also liked the books after the first Manwhore book (Laura and I rarely disagree on this stuff).

message 38: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Sorry. I just reread what you wrote. I'm off to see Fight or Flight by Samantha Young

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

Actually, I liked Evans’ Manhattan series!

message 40: by Michelle (last edited Aug 17, 2020 12:02PM) (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Actually ladies. Checked what I read by Katy Evans. Was Mr. President.
I didn't really like it. Not to continue. But. I'll try one of the others. Just to be sure if this is a keep author or not.

message 41: by Jonetta (new)

I really disliked that series, Michelle. I don’t think I even read the second book.

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Apparently I did. Knowing me it was for the reason mentioned before. Interesting how one series works but others don't. And if you start the wrong one it puts you off trying anything else.

message 43: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Michelle wrote: "Please. You haven't led me.... I wanted to say astray but with the genres we read that's what we expect. 😂"

In fact you could picture Angus from cover of Junkyard dog as Bill in Bass-Ackards. Same type

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Jonetta wrote: "I really disliked that series, Michelle. I don’t think I even read the second book."

I actually read book 2 and gave it 2 1/2 stars so you made the right call lol

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments No Shrinking Violet Beautifully Imperfect 3  by Becca Van

This was meh. A case of the blurp being better than the read itself. I didn't even read the whole book. I top & tailed it. (read the first few chapters and then jumped to the last) I don't exactly know what didn't work for me. The only character I really got to know was the heroine. She wasn't bad:strong, independent, sassy, maybe with a chip in her shoulder but who could blame her as she had lost a limb in the service of her country and was basically stepping back into the world after surgery and therapy etc. The guys? Brothers who own a construction company. That's as far as I got with them. I think this was all about the menage a quatre with intent of more but wasn't.
I'd read this author years ago and thought let's try again. But after this I don't think I'll try again.

message 46: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Warrior Daddy (Montana Daddies, #6) by Laylah Roberts Heal Me Daddy (Montana Daddies, #8 by Laylah Roberts

This might not be for everyone. Age play. Dom/sub.but besides all that these ladies have history. And I like how that is handles.

Warrior had the little having to work through neglect and abuse from her past. And a few other issues.

Heal me is just that. She had lost her husband and was deep in mourning and all that that entailed for her.

Now I like my kink reads to be not all about that but actually have something else as well. That is what I get from this author. Yes this schews to the Littles being rather submissive types, some to the extreme end of that but for the most they are woman that just need love and attention.

message 47: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Bitch Slap (White Horse, #2) by Bijou Hunter

This ahd me laughing out loud from the first chapter. And yes I had to write it out. No lol here. I fact I was smiling the rest of the book. This is the story of Hayes daughter. Snarky, strong opinioned, and let say quirky to boot. With Poet just rolling with it all. Don't get me wrong for a biker dude he is everything that you'd expect. Except he loves this woman and all that comes with her and her personality.

I just love Bijou's style of writing. It can't put it down till it done reading and what more could you want.

message 48: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments His Human Slave (Zandian Masters, #1) by Renee Rose

So it that time of the month. In between planned reading and I don't want to start something before the new months start. Just one of my quirks.

Anyway I'd read this author a few months back and wanted to read more of hers. So I start with her alien taking a human for procreation so his race can continue. In that sense nothing new to that old nugget but I enjoyed it. And will continue with the rest of the series.

message 49: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2339 comments Michelle wrote: "Bitch Slap (White Horse, #2) by Bijou Hunter

This ahd me laughing out loud from the first chapter. And yes I had to write it out. No lol here. I fact I was smiling the rest of the book. This is the story of Ha..."

Sounds great!

message 50: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2462 comments Laura wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Bitch Slap (White Horse, #2) by Bijou Hunter

This ahd me laughing out loud from the first chapter. And yes I had to write it out. No lol here. I fact I was smiling the rest of the book. This i..."

It is. You really will enjoy it.