The NoSleep Podcast Book Club discussion

Devils in the Dark (The Devil in Miss Drake's Class #1)
This topic is about Devils in the Dark
August 2020 Book of the Month: Devils in the Dark by Marcus Damanda

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McEvoy | 103 comments Mod
For August, we're checking out Devils in the Dark by Marcus Damanda, the first book in the series that spawned The 1000 Ghost stories on the podcast: "As Helen Remembered It," "The Paris Green Solution," "Confessor to the Dead," "It Came Out of the Rain," and "Midnight at the Acid Light Dance."

To most of the Facebook Fifteen, bullying Audrey Bales was just a game—until two deep cuts with a Swiss army knife changed everything forever. Audrey didn’t want attention anymore. After five weeks at Fairview High School, Audrey wanted to die.

The doctors did the only thing they could with her: they put her away.

But in Fairview, Virginia, the nightmare is only beginning. The chat session had not gone unobserved. The Facebook Fifteen have drawn the attention of an ancient evil that lives only to punish those who would prey upon the weak.

They are the ghosts of 1,000 dead children—1,000 suicides—and their master…

Their master likes Audrey Bales.

And as Audrey attempts to heal her mind and body, far from home, their master prepares for the revenge he will unleash upon her return.

You can find it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

message 2: by ghostly (new)

ghostly | 5 comments I was lucky enough to get this one as a free audiobook a while back. I think it's time for another listen!

Marcus Damanda | 36 comments Mod
Jessica wrote: "I was lucky enough to get this one as a free audiobook a while back. I think it's time for another listen!"

Please do! I love Jessica's performance in all three! Fun bit of trivia, just for you: when Jessica was recording this, she mentioned to me one line that interested her in particular in the repentance scene, and that became the source of two stories on the NoSleep Podcast: "As Helen Remembered It" and "The Paris Green Solution."

message 4: by ghostly (new)

ghostly | 5 comments Oh, awesome! Which line was it, or would it be more fun for me to figure it out myself? ; )

Marcus Damanda | 36 comments Mod
Jessica wrote: "Oh, awesome! Which line was it, or would it be more fun for me to figure it out myself? ; )"

I'll be happy to tell you! When the spirit of Mary Beth Dunlap rises up to confess how she drank the rat poison the doctors left out for her, Jessica McEvoy said, "I want to read that story!" That would become "The Paris Green Solution"--but first, in order to make it work chronologically, I had to write "As Helen Remembered It."