The Rebellious Readers discussion

Moderators > Moderator Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments This is a chat for moderators to discuss things.

message 2: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Yep! That's a great idea. I'll make a topic.

message 3: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments OK! I'll just ask you some questions first :)
1. Why do you want to become a mod?
2. How will the group benefit from having you as a mod?
3. Are you at least 12, or mature enough to be like a 12 year old?
Thx!

message 4: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I will add you, I just want to know :)

message 5: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Also, do you guys thing that once a week (or a different time stamp) we should send out a message to update any members about BOTM, challenges etc. So that if they missed anything, they can just read it there? Or maybe just put it on the topic announcement? Let me know! :)

message 6: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Awesome! Thank you, I will make you a moderator now. :)

message 7: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Ur welcome :)

message 8: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments It was no problem :)

message 9: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments For the new August challenge, if someone buddy read a book it is an extra 4 points. Karina asked if the buddy read had to be from someone also doing the challenge or in this group, or from any group. What do u guys think?

message 10: by shea (new)

shea Hey! I have a question. Am I allowed to add a folder for Character Discussions?

message 11: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Yes, that is why she wanted to make one. Go right ahead Shea! Can you make one for Kaz Brekker and Inej Ghafa pls? They're my favs :)

message 12: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments As a topic of course

message 13: by shea (new)

shea Are we going to do like a BOTM? That might be kinda cool. :)

message 14: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments We already have one! This month, its Shadow and Bone :)

message 15: by shea (new)

shea Ooh! Cool!

message 16: by shea (new)

shea I saw that on This or That a lot of people have been doing characters like Hermione Granger or Luna Lovegood. So, I was thinking maybe we could do a This or That Character Édition? What do you guys think?

message 17: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments It's a good idea! Did you want to make the topic then?

message 18: by shea (new)

shea Sure!

message 19: by shea (new)

shea I’m so sorry I haven’t been able to do the daily polls!!!! I have gotten really busy, and I’m sorry.

message 20: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments It's ok! Don't worry :)

message 21: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Also, do you guys think it would be a good idea to have specific mods oversee specific things? Like one for games, one for polls, and one for challenges?

message 22: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments i think it's a good idea

message 23: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Great! :) Which category would you prefer to have?

message 24: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments i don't know. should i handle the botm? i up to anything i suppose except maybe challenges since i don't have enough time to handle them properly

message 25: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Ok :) I'll wait for the other mods to respond to organize it then :)

message 26: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments ok :)

message 27: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I could handle challenges, or anything else you need help with :)

message 28: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Challenges would be great! Appointed :)

message 29: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I'll create a list of what mod is in charge of what, it would be helpful :)

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Hey sorry, I haven't been as active! School has been really busy for me but I'm willing to help with anything.

message 31: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments That's ok! Would u like to pick something to help out with :)

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) I can do polls.

message 33: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments Do you think we should still go ahead with an October Challenge (with the same info as the previous monthly challenges)?

message 34: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Yes, I think we should

message 35: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments Ok, I can help run it and send out the info if you like :)

message 36: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments So I’ve opened up sign ups for the challenge now. One of the participants asked if points towards audiobooks could be based on number of hours instead of pages. I was thinking of doing it based on the page count, but what do you guys think?

message 37: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments i would say it's better to do it based on page count, since if you do it based on hours i feel like it would make the challenge a little but more complicated

message 38: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments Thanks! I agree!

message 39: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I agree on the pages as well! :)

message 40: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Hi mods! Do you think it would be a good idea to get monthly updates?

message 41: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments yeah, maybe

message 42: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments Sounds good. Maybe it could be like a monthly newsletter.

message 43: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (last edited Oct 14, 2020 08:34AM) (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments hey, i was thinking that maybe we should move everything mod related (like mod chat, mod requests) in the moderators foulder. what do you think?

message 44: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I think that’s a good idea, and it would be organised better that way.

message 45: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Yes, that would be a good idea

message 46: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments ok, i did it. and i also thinking for the past challenge topics like the teams, signup and stuff, we could make a thread for them and call them something like Challenges (Archieves). so they wouldn'mix up with the current challenge topics. i have no idea if this made sense. hopefully it did lol.

message 47: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments Yeah, that would definetely help avoid confusion and clutter.

message 48: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments should i do it?

message 49: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments Yes, I think you should :)

message 50: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments done! :))

« previous 1