The Rebellious Readers discussion

Ideas For This Group!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments If anyone has some ideas for this group, feel free to put them here! Thanks😁

message 2: by Keira (new)

Keira (lovetoreadthrillers) | 10 comments All I can think of is games, I'm not that creative :)

message 3: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Of course. I'll add you as a moderator 😊

message 4: by krista ☽✧ (new)

krista ☽✧ (bookishwarriorofhope) | 168 comments Maybe like favorite morally grey charractersss , i can add it if you guys would like. :) Or like a book you are doubting about reading so that other people can give their opinions on it if you have to read it or not

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Can we do BOTM? And then have discussions on the book for that month?

message 6: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Yes! That's awesome. Will add that right away Maddie :)

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Okay Cool! Thanks!

message 8: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Would u guys enjoy a games section? I would be more than happy to put one up! 😁

message 9: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Ok! What kind of games, I've seen quite a few different ones on different groups! 😊

message 10: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments it would be great to have book discussions for diffenrent series (for example the mortal instruments, the inferl devices, grishaverse, etc.)

message 11: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments A great idea! I’ll do it tomorrow, as it’s nearly 11 pm here 😁

message 12: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments yeah, where i live it's almost midnight here, but what am i doing instead of sleeping? i am looking on my phone lol

message 13: by Julie (new)

Julie | 13 comments I don't know if this is a good idea, but once a month or two we could recommend a certain book/series that we all really enjoyed? Just so we could get to know everyone better :)

message 14: by Karina (new)

Karina Flores | 93 comments That would be so cool! We could even put what caught our attention or why we liked them!

message 15: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Yes! I will make a topic for recommendations topic :)

message 16: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 139 comments I like your game of NHIE. How about NHIE book edition?? So “never have I ever read...” then the person names a books 🙊🙈

message 17: by shea (new)

shea Oooh!!!

message 18: by shea (new)

shea Could I/you add a discussions folder? Then people can add topics for characters and books!

message 19: by shea (new)

shea Oh wait, you have a book discussions, so maybe character discussions?

message 20: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments These are great ideas! I have a running list of things I need to to, so will add these! Thanks for suggesting them!

message 21: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Hi! We haven't posted on here in a while, so get ideas flowing if you have them! :)

message 22: by shea (new)

shea I am in this group that has a really cool thing, but it’s super orignal. I don’t want to steal it. :(

message 23: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments That's ok! I don't want to hurt someone's feeling by using their idea without asking first either :)

message 24: by shea (new)

shea 😊

message 25: by shea (new)

shea Maybe we could do some sort of event to see how many new members we could add? I don’t really know, I’m just brainstorming! :)

message 26: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection)
Can we have a game where you use six words to describe a fairy tale when the person below you guesses?
Eg.

Q: A withering rose, the beast awaits.
A: Beauty and the Beast

message 27: by shea (new)

shea OOOH ROSE, I LOVE THAT

message 28: by shea (new)

shea Do you want to make the topic? Or should one of the mods?

message 29: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) I guess a mod could make one? I'm not sure though...

message 30: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments That sounds awesome! Would you like me,Shea or you to create it?

message 31: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Maybe the mods could do that? :) And thank you so much

message 32: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Ok! Will do :)

message 33: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) A random idea: What if we have threads for people to post creative writings? We could share our opinions and improve together :)

message 34: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments That's a great idea! Would you like me do create the topic, or would you like to do it yourself? :)

message 35: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Haha again, I'm not the best at creating topics so perhaps any of the mods could do it :)))

message 36: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Ok! I'll get on it :)

message 37: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) Hey! Idea.....

So every month we nominate a new release. No one has read it yet or anything. (So it hasn’t even been released yet) And then we all read it and discuss it here? That way we can see new books to read... idk it sounded better in my head lmao

message 38: by 🌬 (new)

🌬 (bookempty) | 8 comments Bumbling Bookworm wrote: "Hey! Idea.....

So every month we nominate a new release. No one has read it yet or anything. (So it hasn’t even been released yet) And then we all read it and discuss it here? That way we can see ..."

this is a great idea!!

message 39: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) Thanks Nora, welcome to the group btw

message 40: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Yes, I think that is a great idea! I'll create a topic soon :)

message 41: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) Another idea: so when I joined goodreads this was one of my first groups. There’s a lot of weird slang terms on GR that I was definitely confused about (tbr, arc and tbc to name a few.) what if we had a topic where new members can ask questions. E.g.:

Noob: “uhh... why does everyone keep talking about shelves? What are they?”

Experienced dude: “they’re a place to ‘store’ books on GR.”

It would definitely help imo

message 42: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Ok!

message 43: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) Do you think it would be okay if we had trivia topics for hyped books like the Selection series and ToG?

message 44: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) great idea!

message 45: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments We already have some, but not for those books! Feel free to make the topic yourself, or ask a mod to do it :)

message 46: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) okay, thank you!

message 47: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) i’ve been thinking and i’d love more diversity when it comes to challenges. I love the everyone reads one book as a team or solo challenge, but could we have others too? so for example you are assigned a buddy at the start and you do buddy reads and there’s a target for how many pages to read? or maybe a library challenge where you can’t buy any books you can only borrow from friends or a library for a month and the challenge is how many you borrow? i’d love to think of more.

message 48: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Bumbling Bookworm wrote: "i’ve been thinking and i’d love more diversity when it comes to challenges. I love the everyone reads one book as a team or solo challenge, but could we have others too? so for example you are assi..."

That's quite a cool idea actually! Maybe you would like to talk more with Amelie about that, as she is head of challenges :)

message 49: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) i’ll do that!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I think those are all great ideas!

« previous 1