Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

General Discussion > What are you doing during the Pandemic?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 501 comments Mod
Hi all, I'm a little curious what you're doing for entertainment during this pandemic? Are you reading new books? Re-reading old books? Watching Netflix. Hanging with the family? Let us know what's keeping you sane.

message 2: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 501 comments Mod
I for one am re-reading a lot of books that bring me comfort. I'm also re-binge-watching several of my favorite shows such as Community, New Girl, What We Do In The Shadows....

Anything that can make me laugh, really.

message 3: by BJ (new)

BJ (barbararhodes) | 24 comments Same as usual, just working from home and saving a lot of money because no toll road payments - about $300 a month being saved plus fuel - so another $100 a month. So....I spend this on books. Yay!

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Balkin (chloealicebalkin) | 21 comments Alas, I work at a grocery store. If anything, work is more stressful than ever. Also, my roommate just got his girlfriend pregnant, so I'm desperately trying to escalate my 5-years-to-fulltime-author plan to 2 years so I can gtfo. I am NOT baby friendly.

I'm normally a true crime/documentary watcher exclusively, BUT I've destressed with I Am Not Okay With This (amazing!!!! must watch!), Dracula (not what I expected but I liked it) and Warrior Nun (still warming up to it). I also binged the Rifftrax version of Twilight, but that was a dark time in my life.

I have a weird sense of humor so take this or leave it, but the most recent season of Norsemen just dropped on Netflix. It's a spoof of Vikings. I haven't watched the new season yet, but I LOVED the first 2 seasons. It's a Norwegian show but filmed in English (and Norwegian, of course).

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been rewatching Star Trek Voyager episodes alongside binging Umbrella Academy, Norsemen. Also been playing a lot of board games with my husband, and trying to write. We've also been doing a lot of renos around the house. Though I promised myself to read only fiction this year, I'm in the middle of a book called Quiet on introversion. I got hung up on writing a dark thriller novella this year, and am glad to be seeing that project end in the next week or two. Hope everyone is keeping well.

message 6: by Athena (new)

Athena | 18 comments I’ve been listening to the audiobook versions of some of my “comfort series,” while I do projects around the house etc.

message 7: by Sela (new)

Sela (selacarsen) | 30 comments Writing, which is actually going surprisingly well, given the drain that stress has on creativity. Reading a LOT! And crafting. I have two cross-stitches in progress, and a weaving project (dishtowels) that I need to finish warping onto the loom.

I went completely off television for months. I'd watch a movie here and there, but bailed on the few series I did watch until just a few days ago. We caught up on Endeavour last night, and we're halfway through Umbrella Academy. I even subscribed to Acorn so I can catch up on the latest two seasons of Midsummer Murders while I weave.

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda (lizzle_lin) | 6 comments Chloe wrote: "Alas, I work at a grocery store. If anything, work is more stressful than ever. Also, my roommate just got his girlfriend pregnant, so I'm desperately trying to escalate my 5-years-to-fulltime-auth..."

Haha Warrior Nun was a fun surprise! A bit clunky with the plot but I like the characters and how it wrapped up at the end of the season.

message 9: by Dolly (new)

Dolly Nightmare | 3 comments During the pandemic, I've spent a lot of time writing, and I managed to publish two books this year as I work on more. I mainly spent time with my husky going on walks/trails/ and hikes. I wasn't really social prior to the pandemic so not a whole lot has changed for me. Lol.

As for watching stuff, I remember one tv show on Netflix that really stood out to me and that was the Netflix Original Vampires. I really enjoyed their take on vampires in the French community. It was quite different.

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 149 comments Apart from all the usual, I have gone down the rabbit hole of watching lots of author panels and interviews online. One thing that I'm grateful has come from the dreadful situation we are in is the opportunity to see so many.

I've also been connecting with people a lot more in all of my bookish online spaces which has been cool. Those two things have probably fuelled some of my reading but has impacted how much I'm reading.

message 11: by Nicai (new)

Nicai (namah00) | 6 comments Since the pandemic began I have been binge reading or listening to paranormal romance books or books about how to write books.

Vikrant Shaurya
Michelle Kulp
Sam Kern
Riley Storm
Evangeline Anderson

message 12: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Fikke | 2 comments I am publishing my urban fantasy book. That takes up all my time. Lots to learn about how to find readers and how to reach my audience.

message 13: by Aja (new)

Aja To answer Kiersten's question: I've been reading new books as well as rereading some old ones, I'm actually writing a urban fantasy novel right now, my family just got a free trial of Disney+ so I'm watching that, I have been hanging out with my family more than I used to as well {we actually baked this past holiday season}, I try to spend as much time outside as I can, and I've been learning stuff like random songs and German.

I've been in quarantine since last March cause a lot of my family is high risk, so we've had to find things to keep busy.

message 14: by Jessica (last edited Feb 08, 2021 12:02PM) (new)

Jessica (teajessie) | 5 comments Binge reading paranormal romance in between damn Zoom calls for work

message 15: by Phil (new)

Phil | 10 comments Writing. LOL. And working on my author website and social media. Work too.

message 16: by Jacklyn (new)

Jacklyn Rogers (jsrtf) | 12 comments I am working like 50 hours a week, writing, reading, binge watching shows and in the middle of all that getting more ink when my TA is available lol 🥰

I suppose exercise should be here but meh lol too tired.

message 17: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Balkin (chloealicebalkin) | 21 comments Jacklyn wrote: "...getting more ink when my TA is available lol 🥰"

That was my one big indulgence when the quarantine ended. My artist is a close personal friend, it was just the two of us in the parlor, and he still had the windows papered up like he was closed to prevent walk-ins from happening.

He did a fundraiser while he was closed, putting I think a 50% bonus on gift cards so he could pay his employees. I paid cash when I saw him—I didn't think it was right to make him make good on a gift certificate when he was just starting to open up again—so I'm still sitting on $450 tattoo credits that are itching to be used.

message 18: by Jacklyn (new)

Jacklyn Rogers (jsrtf) | 12 comments wow that's going to make an awesome tattoo when you do use it. that is so awesome that you paid cash I bet that helped him out ☺️

message 19: by Book (new)

Book Worm (coffeecakeandfiction) | 2 comments Reading and angry baking are my go-to time fillers. Along with daydreaming on places to visit when lockdown eases. Though I am taking notes from here on ways to pass the time!

message 20: by Alexia (new)

Alexia Chantel (alexiachantel) | 2 comments I've been reading to escape. And recently I've been craving a good UF series, but I don't know which one to pick up!! Do I grab a re-read series? Should I try out a new one? Anyone finishing/in the middle of a good UF series I should try?

message 21: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Brave | 8 comments Lots of writing, plenty of reading, a little tv. My only outings are doctor's appointments and short trips for groceries or to pick up take out. :( I'm hooked on a couple of yaoi manga series, but the waiting for the new episodes on the apps are rough, and they start to pull on the pocket book.

I haven't jumped on any series right now, Alexia, but I guess January Bain's Sin City Wolf series could be considered UF since there are shifters. Book one (Howl) was hot.Howl

message 22: by K. (new)

K. Pigeon (thekingsquill) | 3 comments Published my first book and now 15k words into my second. Overall, I just don't leave the house, keep safe, and keep productive!

message 23: by Amyiw (last edited Apr 22, 2021 11:00PM) (new)

Amyiw | 175 comments I'm reading, walking and overeating. I picked up the ukulele in June and have been playing every day pretty much so now actually can play several songs.

I've watch a little TV with the hubby, we almost got through the big bang theory (borrowed and bought the discs), watched Expanse, and Outlander too. I'm not a big TV watcher and only got some of the Expanse while he was watching and I was reading. I read Outlander so sometimes I bugged out there too but really do like the different directions they went with the show.

message 24: by Angie (new)

Angie tournado (angietournado) | 15 comments I've started writing again, working on a new novel

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Howl (other topics)