Hamilton Fan Group discussion

Games > Song Lyric Game

Comments Showing 1-50 of 509 (509 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Kate (last edited Jul 27, 2020 02:39PM) (new)

Kate So someone is going to type out the first line to Hamilton and the someone else is going to add the next line and so on and so forth until we have the whole musical.

Rules:

Everything must be in (parentheses) unless it is the song lyric.

Don't go twice in a row

Only one line per person at a time

Have fun!

Note: I stole the game idea from another group (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...) I did not come up with this, but I thought it was a good idea. I created this group before becoming a member of that group and did not know that group existed before creating this one.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate How does a bastard orphan son of a whore and a Scotsman dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence impoverished in squalor grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

message 3: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 56 comments Mod
The ten dollar, founding father without a father got a lot farther by working a lot harder, by being a lot smarter, by being a self starter by 14, they placed him in charge of a trading charter.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate And everyday while slaves were being slaughtered and carted away he struggled and kept his guard up. Inside he was longing for something to be apart of; the brother was ready to steal borrow or barter

message 5: by Gwyneth (new)

Gwyneth Bare (gwenirelandb) Then a hurricane came, and devastation reigned
Our man saw his future drip, dripping down the drain
Put a pencil to his temple, connected it to his brain
And he wrote his first refrain, a testament to his pain

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate Well the word got around they said this kid is insane man
took up a collection just to send him to the mainland
Get your education don't forget from whence you came. And the world is gonna know your name.
What's ya name, man?

message 7: by Gwyneth (new)

Gwyneth Bare (gwenirelandb) Alexander Hamilton
My name is Alexander Hamilton
And there's a million things I haven't done
But just you wait, just you wait

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate When he was 10, his father split
Full of it, debt-ridden
Two years later, see Alex and his mother, bed-ridden
Half-dead, sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick
And Alex got better but his mother went quick

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 383 comments Moved in with a cousin, the cousin committed suicide.

Left him with nothin' but ruined pride, something new inside, a voice saying, "Alex you gotta fend for yourself."

He started retreating, reading every treatise on the shelf.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate There would've been nothin' left to do
For someone less astute
He would've been dead and destitute
Without a cent of restitution
Started workin', clerkin' for his late mother's landlord
Tradin' sugar cane and rum and other things he can't afford

message 11: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 56 comments Mod
Scamming for every book he can get his hands on
Planning for the further see him now as he stands on
The bow of a ship headin for the new land
In New York you can be a new man

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate Alexander Hamilton
We are waiting in the weeds for you
You could never back down
You never learned to take your time

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 383 comments Alexander Hamilton, when America sings for you, will they know what you overcame? Will they know you re-wrote the game....

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate The world will never be the same, oh
The ship is in the harbor now
See if you can spot him
Another immigrant comin' up from the bottom
His enemies destroyed his rep, America forgot him

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate Abby wrote: "(Weeds lol XDXDXD)"

(Whoops XD lol)

message 17: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη We, fought for him
Me, I died for him
Me, I trusted him
Me, I loved him

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate And me, I'm the damn fool that shot him!

message 19: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη Theres a million things i havent done, but just you wait.....
whats your name man?

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate ALEXANDER HAMILTON!

message 21: by Kate (new)

Kate (Yay! We finished the first song! Whoever wants to can start the next song!)

message 22: by Keira (new)

Keira (lovetoreadthrillers) | 5 comments (Wow, you guys did the WHOLE song???)

message 23: by Kate (new)

Kate (Yep! And people say you can't memorize a musical in two weeks XD)

message 24: by Keira (new)

Keira (lovetoreadthrillers) | 5 comments (Haha impressive! What song next?)

message 25: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη Kate ♥ {What did I do to deserve this?} ♥ wrote: "(Yep! And people say you can't memorize a musical in two weeks XD)"

((you can if you go to sleep listening to it))

message 26: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη Keira wrote: "(Haha impressive! What song next?)"

((aaron burr sir))

message 27: by Keira (new)

Keira (lovetoreadthrillers) | 5 comments DᎾЄ wrote: "Keira wrote: "(Haha impressive! What song next?)"

((aaron burr sir))"

(Okay, you guys can start if you like)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 383 comments Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?!

That depends, who's asking?

Oh well sure, sir. I'm Alexander Hamilton, I'm at your service sir. I have been, looking for you.

I'm getting nervous...

message 29: by Kate (new)

Kate Sir…
I heard your name at Princeton. I was seeking an accelerated course of study when I got sort of out of sorts with a buddy of yours. I may have punched him. It’s a blur, sir. He handles the financials?

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 383 comments You punched the burrsarr? *gestures hands frustratedly at immigrant kiddo*

message 31: by Kate (new)

Kate *Slight Pause* Yes!

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 383 comments (I'll leave it there fr someone else to continue)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanted to do what you did graduate and to and join the revolution, he looked at me like i was stupid I'm not stupid, so how'd you do it? how'd you graduate so fast? [[[It was my parents dying wish before they passed.}}} your an orphan! of course! I'm an orphan god I wish there was a war so we could prove that were worth more than anyone bargained for!

message 34: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 64 comments Can I buy you a drink?
That would be nice
While we're talking, let me offer you some free advice
Talk less

message 35: by Kate (new)

Kate What?
Smile more
Ha
Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for

message 36: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 56 comments Mod
You can’t be serious
You want to get ahead?
Yes
Fools who run their mouths off wind up dead

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

yayo ya yo what time is it?! show time! like I said... hey my names john marrins in the place to be in the name of Sam Addems but I'm workin' on three! Ha! pretty ghosts don't bargain with me! cause i will prat chicka prat da scots till I'm free! Wee Wee monomee setraté Laffoyette the lancelot of the revolutionary set! I came from a far just to say bonswa to the king cause a twa is the best semwa.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

lafoyette is hard to understand. lol

message 39: by andrea (new)

andrea (taylor’s version) | 73 comments Brrah brrah I am Hercules Mulligan up in it lovin' it yes I heard ya mother said come again ayyyy, lock up ya daughters and horses of course its hard to have intercourse over four sets of corsets. no more sex pour me another brew let’s raise a couple more to the revolution. well, if it ain't the prodigy of Princeton college Aaron Burr, give us a verse, drop some knowledge, good luck with that, you're takin' a stand
You spit, I'ma sit well see where we land! Burr, the revolution's imminent, to what do you stall for?
If you stand for nothing Burr, what'll you fall for?
Ooh, who are you? Who are you who are you?
Ooh, who is this kid, what's he gonna do?

message 40: by andrea (new)

andrea (taylor’s version) | 73 comments (oh sorry I just realized that was too much)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

ha ha

I am not throwing away my shot!
I am not throwing away my shot! Yo I'm just like my country I'm young, Scrappy and Hungry and I'm not throwing away my shot, Imma getta scholarship to kings college I probably shouldn't brag but dang I amaze and astonish!

message 42: by andrea (new)

andrea (taylor’s version) | 73 comments I gotta say I got a lotta brains but no polish. I gotta holler just to be heard with every word I drop knowledge (I’m so proud I knew that memorized)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a diamond in the rough! A shiny piece of coal and I'm trying hard just to reach my goal and my power of speech is un reachable!

message 44: by andrea (new)

andrea (taylor’s version) | 73 comments Only 19 but my mind is older, these nyc streets get colder I shoulder every burden every disadvantage I have learned to manage I don’t have a gun to brandish I walk these streets famished!

message 45: by Kate (new)

Kate The plan is to fan this spark into a flame
But damn, it’s getting dark, so let me spell out the name
I am the—
A-L-E-X-A-N-D
E-R—we are—meant to be…

message 46: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 56 comments Mod
A colony that runs independently
We don’t want Britain shittin on us endlessly
Essentially they tax us relentlessly
And king George runs around on a spending spree

message 47: by Kate (new)

Kate He ain’t ever gonna set his descendants free
So there will be a revolution in this century
Enter me! (He says in parentheses)
Don’t be shocked when your hist’ry book mentions me
I will lay down my life if it sets us free
Eventually, you’ll see my ascendancy

message 48: by andrea (new)

andrea (taylor’s version) | 73 comments And I am not throwing away my shot (my shot), I am not throwing away my shot (my shot)! Ay yo I’m just like my country I’m young scrappy and hungry and I am not throwing away my shot!

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 22, 2020 06:32PM) (new)

hey no one went :)

I am not throwing away my shot! I am not throwing away my shot! ay yo I'm just like my country I'm young, scrappy, and hungry And I'm not throwing away my shot! I am not throwing away my shot! I'm not throwing away my shot! Ay yo I'm just like my country I'm young scrappy and hungry and Im not throwing away my Shot!

(Its time to take a shot!)

I dream of life without Monarchy! The unrest in France will lead to monarchy? Onarchy? How you say, how you, oh, Onarchy!
When I fight I make the other side Panicky (With my shot!)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 383 comments Yo, I'm a tailor's apprentice, and I got y'all knuckleheads in loco parentis.
I'm joining the rebellion 'cause I know it's my chance, to socially advance, instead of sewin' some pants, I'm gonna take a shot!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11