Addicted to YA discussion

Heroes > Jace Herondale (The Mortal Instruments)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ari (new)

Ari (manilabread) | 152 comments Any thoughts?

message 2: by Ari (new)

Ari (manilabread) | 152 comments I'm not the biggest Jace fan personally. Though I do like how well written he is

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (abigailt15) | 14 comments Yes I did not like Jace in the first 3 books of TMI i thought he was rash and made irresponsible decisions.

message 4: by Ari (new)

Ari (manilabread) | 152 comments true true

message 5: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) wow! (lol) I liked him in first 3 most. and then in the 6th book.

message 6: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) Jace was a great character but his character changed and that soft side of his just didn't make me feel there's that same Jace somewhere inside him.

message 7: by Mils (new)

Mils (iluvmybooks) Jace is my favorite character. He was okay in the first 3 books, but I loved him at the end. I agree, he is well-written.

message 8: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) same

message 9: by tia (new)

tia (t_luvsreading) | 143 comments I feel like Jace is really well-written towards the end, but not so much at the start.

message 10: by Mils (new)

Mils (iluvmybooks) T_Reads wrote: "I feel like Jace is really well-written towards the end, but not so much at the start."

agreed

message 11: by R (new)

R (lunakamell) I love Jace! He's one of my favorite book characters ever (possibly my favorite--tied with Will Herondale and Percy Jackson) He's so funny and like so brave and stuff. If I had to pick between him and Will though I think I would pick Will.

message 12: by Evie (new)

Evie   ˎˊ- (high-lady-of-terrasen) | 310 comments Ronza wrote: "I love Jace! He's one of my favorite book characters ever (possibly my favorite--tied with Will Herondale and Percy Jackson) He's so funny and like so brave and stuff. If I had to pick between him ..."

Yes- pretty much the same for me. I love Jace, but Will is just... actually I don’t know what Will is, but I love him.

message 13: by tysha (new)

tysha | 1 comments OMG! I love Jace like i love him. Honestly i have seen great characters which many people could say are better than him but he will always have a place in my heart that no character can fulfill.
I also absolutely love the CHARACTER GROWTH he had fro the 1st to the 6th book.

message 14: by Wren (last edited Sep 16, 2020 02:34PM) (new)

Wren Figueiro | 80 comments The thing about Jace is that he's not rash for no reason. He's always trying to prove that he's worthy of his "father's" pride. Even after finding out Valentine's real identity and that what he thought happened to him didn't happen, Jace still wants to be accepted by him, or at least meet the expectations of what he has been taught is the ideal for a Shadowhunter.

He's deeply troubled and even with his cockiness you can feel that he's actually afraid of not being good enough. He is such a complex character, and though I have to agree I'm more fond of Will, the way Jace is written is just so subtle that when people write him off, I wonder whether they truly understood the psychology woven into the character.

message 15: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) @Wren I totally agree with you. about Will and Jace both. I think the main reason I like Jace even in the books I didn't like much was that I Understood him. I'm rereading tmi and Clary annoyed me a lot but I understand Jace and I just know he does things for reasons, he thinks of consequences unlike Clary.

though maybe I've grown up and that why Clary seems annoying but this is Jace chat and I'd conclude by saying I love him. but I love Will Herondale more

message 16: by Zara (new)

Zara   | 917 comments Jace is one of my favorite characters. P.S: I have a total book crush on him hehe.
I wish I could hide my emotions as easily as Jace does.

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) | 336 comments I completely agree: Jace is an amazingly well written character. He isn't my favorite, though. I feel like his flashiness takes away from his character development. Still, he is an amazing character. Much better than Clary, in my opinion. TEAM WILL FOR THE WIN. Also, I don't think that him and Alec being parabatai was the right choice. I swear, if I hadn't read TID beforehand, my expectations of the heavenly bond would have been way lower. They seriously don't support each other at all for the first 3 books.

message 18: by Random Pineapple (new)

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) That has nothing to do with The Mortal Instruments

message 19: by daughterofathenacarli (last edited Nov 11, 2020 06:28AM) (new)

daughterofathenacarli | 66 comments I like Jace, but i feel like he, i don't know, is too hot and cold maybe? Like one minuete he tells Clary he loves her, and the next he's ignoring her. Clary and Jace both kinda annoy me, but i do like them both, and i do feel like they're good characters. Just not as good as other. Izzy's the best!

message 20: by Cherry (new)

Cherry | 26 comments Well....inthe beginning (like first couple pages) I hated him because he was so arrogant and just-I couldn't stand him but now he's one of my faves!!

message 21: by Skye (new)

Skye | 82 comments At first i thought he was very arrogant but later when i read the other books he became one of my fav characters
I LOVE his sarcasm

message 22: by Tarria (new)

Tarria (sagittariadarkness) | 127 comments Nah I don't like him. Imagine telling a girl "I'm not like other guys" then when you find out she may be your SISTER you "want to protect her from the guys who want to do what he wants to do with her" BLEURGH

message 23: by Krishaa (new)

Krishaa | 24 comments He was an okay-okay character but the 'I don't deserve her!' dialogue got veryyyyy boring... I liked Simon better....