Horror Aficionados discussion

Back Roads: Six Horror Stories
This topic is about Back Roads
Buddy Reads > Back Roads- Evan Camby 7/27/20

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Latasha (latasha513) | 11088 comments Mod
This is the buddy read for Back Roads. All the usual rules apply. Please use the story title and spoiler tags if discussing anything that could spoil the story. This buddy read is open to everyone. If you need help, please just ask.

message 2: by Latasha (last edited Jul 26, 2020 08:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I’ll be reading these stories throughout August and in between group reads. So I’m not in any hurry. I’ve already started the first one. It’s clearly her love letter to Turn of the Screw. I read her collection Walking After Midnight: Tales for Halloween and liked it. Plus, she has the prettiest newsletter of anyone I’ve signed up for.

message 3: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Jul 26, 2020 11:16PM) (new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Yep!! 😉

The Ghost in the Garden-3 ⭐️ I’m guessing Turn if the Screw is one of her favorites. The writing is great but I’m not a fan of the original story.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments This is going to be a slower read for me as I’m reading others and you know the real life stuff! I’ll be posting here and there.

It will be for me too. But that’s ok.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Latasha wrote: "I’ll be reading these stories throughout August and in between group reads. So I’m not in any hurry. I’ve already started the first one. It’s clearly her love letter to Turn of the Screw. I read he..."

Wait, a newsletter!!!!

Yeah she hasn’t sent one out in a while though but they are so pretty.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Text me a link sometime 😊

I guess it’s evancamby.com? Idk just search for her.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Don’t worry about it love 😊

message 12: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5293 comments Mod
You're going to read this in 2029???

message 13: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Jul 28, 2020 10:30AM) (new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments You hush 🤣😂. I make that mistake myself all of the time 🙄😃

Alan wrote: "You're going to read this in 2029???"

waltermercado.jpg

I didn't even realize I did that. Thanks Alan.

message 16: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5293 comments Mod
Ha ha

Abandoned- well that story was good. 3 ⭐️
Solitude- I’m not sure what happened at the end- 2.5 ⭐️

I only have 2 stories left in the book.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I don’t know when I will get to it!! I’m getting bogged down with all the things and quick rereads to clean out room 😳

it's ok.

Honeymoon - that was quiet good! 4 stars