Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Wrong Book Deleted & My Giveaway Starts Wednesday

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sloane (new)

Sloane Calder | 16 comments Hello.

I have two posts related to a book being deleted. The first request wasn't completed, so I reposted, with a link and an explanation as to which book I wanted to be deleted, and the incorrect book was deleted.

I have a Goodreads Giveaway starting this Wednesday (7/29/20) for a book that's no longer there.

Can we please get this issue resolved quickly?

Again, the book "The Mistake, Natura #.5) should have been deleted. The book "The Mistake: A Natura Elementals Novella" should NOT have been deleted, and this particular version is the one I linked to the Giveaway.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22299 comments The version with the ASIN was kept. The one without any identifying information was deleted. You'll just have to switch editions. Even if it had been a mistake, deleted editions cannot be recovered.

message 3: by Sloane (new)

Sloane Calder | 16 comments Scott wrote: "The version with the ASIN was kept. The one without any identifying information was deleted. You'll just have to switch editions. Even if it had been a mistake, deleted editions cannot be recovered."

Hi Scott: So here's what the email said from the Giveaway Team. Since my ASIN is connected to the Natura .5 version, will the readers get the book? That's all I'm really worried about - that they'll get the book and the correct one will be added to their bookshelves.

Hello Sloane,
Congratulations! Your giveaway for The Mistake: A Natura Elementals Novella has been approved. It will start at 12:00am PT on Wednesday, July 29 and finish at 11:59pm PT on Monday, August 10.

You're giving away 100 copies to Goodreads members in U.S..

When your giveaway ends, we'll automatically deliver books to winners' Kindle libraries and email you with a summary of your giveaway's performance.

If you have any questions, please contact us at support@goodreads.com.

Thanks!
The Goodreads Team

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22299 comments I don't really know how that would work. You could ask in Help or contact support (although the latter may take a long time.)

message 5: by Sloane (new)

Sloane Calder | 16 comments Scott wrote: "I don't really know how that would work. You could ask in Help or contact support (although the latter may take a long time.)"

I just checked the Giveaway and the ASIN is there. I also contacted support just to make sure, but I think (fingers crossed), it's okay. Thank you for your help!

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22299 comments The book merge might have transferred the giveaway over as well.