2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
This topic is about Hour of Need
Hour of Need > Question F

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6267 comments Mod
Regan and Autumn’s fathers knew they were relentlessly bullying Lindsay but did nothing to stop their behavior, nor did they punish them in any way following her death. Is this typical behavior for parents of bullies or were these two men different?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1037 comments Unfortunately, far too often parents think their kids are little angels and don't want to accept that their children could be bullies or even worse.

That said, the girls' fathers in this case were an extreme example. From their characters, it appears that they too are bullies so the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 109 comments Well said Lauren. I think both fathers knew their daughters were bullies but maybe didn't label it as such therefore eliminating their part in it. They both were very involved in their daughters' training. Almost like one of those "Dance Moms" from the reality show I've never watched LOL.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1037 comments Christina T wrote: "Almost like one of those "Dance Moms" from the reality show I've never watched LOL."

Lol!
Reminds me of that case where the cheerleader's mother arranged to have her daughter's competition killed.

Robin (robinmy) | 1419 comments I agree Lauren. Parents usually don't believe that their child could be the problem.

These two fathers were extreme cases. I want to know how much they knew about Lindsay's death. Did Corey Swann wipe Lindsay's phone, or did his daughter do it?

Lindsay’s death was captured on Regan’s phone. Victor took it from Regan and Kate stole it from Victor.

Corey probably helped wipe Lindsay’s phone of the pictures and videos of the hanging doll.

I completely agree with all of you about these Dads. Where in the world were their mothers? Couldn’t they see how misguided these girls were?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1037 comments Robin wrote: "Did Corey Swann wipe Lindsay's phone, or did his daughter do it?."

Wasn't he some sort of software engineer? I'm sure he played a part in sending the virus to wipe Lindsay's phone. He couldn't have known she had sent her friend in California screenshots of some of the horrendous messages Regan and Autumn sent.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1037 comments Jonetta wrote: "Where in the world were their mothers?
..."

It's very interesting that Regan and Autumn's mothers are never mentioned. I wonder why not . . .

How much would you bet that the husbands are bullying their wives...

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1681 comments I think these parents were "win at any costs" kind of guys and when Lindsey shows up with exceptional talent that was a threat to their little darlings, the dads were in tacit approval of the bullying.

I really don’t understand this kind of parenting.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1681 comments My three girls were all athletic and loved playing soccer and softball. I've seen this type of parent and even seen parents fighting in the stands. I don't understand it, but I've seen it.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments Yes, the fathers and daughters were bullies; I also wonder if the mothers were anywhere.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2020 comments Unfortunately, these sports families often do whatever it takes to get their children scholarships, in front of scouts, etc. It takes a strong coach to stand up to the parents and kids by sidelining the kids. Victor wasn't the right person for the job.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1681 comments I've noticed with my grandkids that youth leagues have gotten a lot more competitive than I remember when my girls played. My grandson's travel baseball team was headed for Cooperstown this summer, before Covid.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 856 comments I'm sure these fathers were bullies by the way they acted. I forget which father said to Ellie that her daughter better not try to bump his off the skating team! What a jerk.

When our sons were in sports, there were some parents that would get so involved in their child winning. Even as young as T-Ball. It was crazy.

I also wondered, where are their mothers? Probably terrified of their husbands.