Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > August 2020 SGoM: Native American Romance

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Aug 28, 2020 03:49AM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments August's Sub-genre of the Month is:
                 ♥ Native American Romance
            GLITZ AND GLAM ROMANCE

♥ Native American Romance: Native American Romances are historical or contemporary romance novels featuring Native Americans as lead that do not use the Noble Savage or other damaging views of Native people to tell the love story.

Listopia:
Best Native American Romance Books
Native American Romance Books

And many more...

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (last edited Jul 26, 2020 10:51AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'll read After Midnight (Black Phoenix #1) by Sarah Grimm After Midnight by Sarah Grimm

message 3: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments I don’t know many native Americans romances other than the Harlequin romances I used this read.
I’ll keep an eye on this one

message 4: by Vicki (last edited Aug 28, 2020 10:28AM) (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) I'm in. I read Savage Flames (Savage #32) by Cassie Edwards Good enjoyable read.

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Mackenzie's Mountain Mackenzie's Mountain by Linda Howard is a favorite of mine. If you haven't read it, it's a great book for this challenge.

message 6: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 164 comments I've been reading the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs. They are first more Urban Fantasy but also labeled romance as the relationship between Charles and Anna plays a major roll within the books. This month I'm reading Dead Heat. I'm enjoying this series even more than I do the Mercy Thompson ones.

I agree with Linda Howard's MacKenzie books as well. Steer clear of Cassie Edwards though. Ugh.

message 7: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments I like Cassie Edwards. My favorite is Madeline Baker Lakota Renegade by Madeline Baker

message 8: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 164 comments Ezi... I'm glad you have had better experiences with Cassie Edwards than I have. I recently gave away 30 or more of her print books because I collected them to read 20 years ago but never got around to reading. I collected them all because I thought I really liked her only to realize the Native American books I really liked were by Janelle Taylor lol

message 9: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments Christina T wrote: "Ezi... I'm glad you have had better experiences with Cassie Edwards than I have. I recently gave away 30 or more of her print books because I collected them to read 20 years ago but never got aroun..."

Enjoying those books aren't the same decades later.

message 10: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments To me, After Midnight by Sarah Grimm stunk! Took me forever to read it, and I was bored for most of it! So I felt I had to read something else to make up for it. One of the Listopia's listed Alpha & Omega as a Native American Romance, and with the shortened time frame I was looking at, I gave the novella a shot. I'm very glad I did! While I haven't read Paranormal in many years, I highly enjoyed this one! I'm eager to continue the series!