Horror Aficionados discussion

Buddy Reads > Greely’s Cove by John Gideon

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Terry and I will be starting on the 1st of August. Feel free to join us!

message 2: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Just realized the spine on my book is falling apart. Any advice on how to keep it together? Lol.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I’ve taped some of mine with clear packing tape or regular transparent tape depending on the size of book 😊

message 4: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Great! I’ll try the clear transparent tape. I thought about a hot glue gun but I figured I wud just damage the book even more..lol.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Oh yeah! I would be afraid to use the glue gun! 😳

message 6: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Oh no, I was bragging earlier about how good my old copy of the book is, while yours is falling apart, lol. I’ve never been good at getting one to hold together once it starts to go like that. I hope you have better luck than me!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I couldn’t find a copy. I will look at my library but don’t count on that one! 🙄. It’s a tiny one

message 8: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Good luck, Melissa!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Thank you 🤞🏻😊

message 10: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I’ll figure something out Terry. Not ur fault. Lol. I didn’t even realize it was falling apart until today.

Hope you can find it Melissa!

message 11: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments It’s not as bad as when I was reading a book a few months ago and realized it was repeating pages and then when I found where I was suppose to be at, the story was cut off and I had to just guess what happened in the chapter. Does that ever happen to anyone? I wonder if it’s just a misprint or if all the books ended up that way?

message 12: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "It’s not as bad as when I was reading a book a few months ago and realized it was repeating pages and then when I found where I was suppose to be at, the story was cut off and I had to just guess w..."

I hate it when that happens! I had a book a little while ago where a middle 20 pages or so had half the text missing on each page. I had to guess also when it picked back up. Not good when books are getting so expensive now.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments They didn’t have it. Oh well, you guys enjoy 😊

message 14: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Bummer:(

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments 😫. Oh well 😊

message 16: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I’m gonna start tonight when I’m at work. I’ll prob have some time to read a few chapters:)

message 17: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "I’m gonna start tonight when I’m at work. I’ll prob have some time to read a few chapters:)"

Sounds good. I’m planning on reading a few chapters later today as well. Excited to get started!

message 18: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments I did get started yesterday, and read the introduction and first two chapters. I like the setup and writing so far.

message 19: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I’m at ch4. I’m really liking the story so far. Lots of characters so I see why it got compared to Salem’s Lot. (view spoiler)

message 20: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments No chance to read yesterday or this morning, so I’m still at the start of ch3. Should be able to read ch3 and 4 tonight during my son’s soccer practice (I hope).

message 21: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Np:) I was gonna read before I go to bed. Prob won’t get to much farther than you.

message 22: by Brandon (new)

Brandon (undivineinterventions) | 4 comments I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! Enjoy guys!

message 23: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Brandon wrote: "I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! Enjoy guys!"

Excellent, thanks Brandon.

message 24: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Thanks Brandon!

I read to ch5. Not sure what’s going on in this town but it sure is weird!

message 25: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "Thanks Brandon!

I read to ch5. Not sure what’s going on in this town but it sure is weird!"

I made it to the same spot. Definitely a creepy little town. What a great scene at the end of ch4! Do you think (view spoiler) I think the writing is great so far, too.

message 26: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Hmm. Yeah, I’m not sure. I’m hoping for an unbelievable explanation tbh:)

message 27: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "Hmm. Yeah, I’m not sure. I’m hoping for an unbelievable explanation tbh:)"

Haha, I’d take that as well!

message 28: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I read ch5 (view spoiler)

message 29: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "I read ch5 [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, for such (view spoiler)

message 30: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Pg61....cormorants...lol. Brings back memories of a nasty little bird:)

message 31: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "Pg61....cormorants...lol. Brings back memories of a nasty little bird:)"

Haha, definitely does!

message 32: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I read to ch7 last night(view spoiler)

message 33: by Brandon (new)

Brandon (undivineinterventions) | 4 comments ... juuuuust be patient :)

message 34: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "I read to ch7 last night[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, the end of that chapter was not what I was expecting. I guess we’ll have to have Brandon’s patience to see where this goes... The (view spoiler)

message 35: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Lol. I love that Brandon says be patient. I think I’m already trying to analyze this book and I hope I’m completely wrongly! I love nothing more than to be surprised:)

message 36: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Read to ch8 and I can’t figure out what the heck Mitch is up to. It just doesn’t make sense.

message 37: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Sorry I've been a little pokey keeping up. Work is killing all my reading time, including the weekend! I just made it to ch8. I'm totally curious about what Mitch is up to also. He's acting (view spoiler)

message 38: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments I just saw this thread! I have an old battered copy of this, would love to join if I could?

message 39: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Definitely Melanie! We’re only a little more than a quarter of the way in, so not too far along yet. You’re welcome to join along.

message 40: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Great! I'm finishing up a couple of others and I'll start in the next few days.

message 41: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Awesome! Welcome:)

I just made it to ch9. I’ve been a little slow myself Terry so no worries. These chapters are pretty longish.

message 42: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "Awesome! Welcome:)

I just made it to ch9. I’ve been a little slow myself Terry so no worries. These chapters are pretty longish."

Excellent, Addy. I made it to ch9 at soccer practice tonight. That (view spoiler)

message 43: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments The book was calling to me and I couldn't wait so started it. Chapter 2, just met Dr Craslowe and (view spoiler)

message 44: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Melanie wrote: "The book was calling to me and I couldn't wait so started it. Chapter 2, just met Dr Craslowe and [spoilers removed]"

I agree! Even the name sounds a little suspicious...

message 45: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Stopped at ch 10 and oh boy I gotta say that I kind of expected the ending of ch9 (view spoiler)

message 46: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Addy wrote: "Stopped at ch 10 and oh boy I gotta say that I kind of expected the ending of ch9 [spoilers removed]"

And man, I did not (view spoiler)

message 47: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Just finished chapter 6, (view spoiler)

message 48: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments Melanie wrote: "Just finished chapter 6, [spoilers removed]"

That is definitely possible too. It’s hard to fit a definition to what is happening so far, it seems. I’m ok with that, lol.

message 49: by Brandon (new)

Brandon (undivineinterventions) | 4 comments things definitely switch up, quite a few twists on this one

message 50: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4932 comments I’ve made it up to ch15. For just a moment there, I was starting (view spoiler) Things are staying crazy, and I still can’t figure out where it’s going...

« previous 1