Addicted to YA discussion

Any Questions? > Which is more iconic? Hunger Games or Divergent?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) I’d say Hunger Games but they are both so close.

message 2: by DEVIL (new)

DEVIL (devilwholikestoread) The Hunger Games 100%

message 3: by Richa (new)

Richa Latu Hunger Games is undoubtedly more iconic but my personal favorite is Divergent.

message 4: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) Yes I can agree

message 5: by Sjmc (new)

Sjmc | 9 comments I never understood Divergent. So Hunger Games 100%

message 6: by Cara (new)

Cara Violet | 5 comments Hunger Games. I did love Divergent, but it was similar to the iconic book The Giver.

message 7: by Abby (new)

Abby (abby_kronenberg) Richa wrote: "Hunger Games is undoubtedly more iconic but my personal favorite is Divergent."

That's what I think too. Most people who have never read Divergent don't know what it's about. The Hunger Games is more well-known I guess.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mirzayee🇦🇫 (sarahmirzayee) | -3 comments In my opinion, the hunger games

message 9: by Knight (new)

Knight Of | 426 comments Hunger Games since I've seen it being more talked outside and analyzed even years after the movies ended while Divergent is lucky if it even gets mentioned.

message 10: by Mils (new)

Mils (iluvmybooks) I love both of them, but I think The Hunger Games is more iconic.

message 11: by Kareen (new)

Kareen Samuels (toishma) | 3 comments Hunger Games because it set the pace for the other dystopian novels in that category. Plus, the characters are well-written; therefore, unforgettably.

message 12: by Laasya (new)

Laasya Allam  | 180 comments Hunger Games is more iconic, but I'm in love with Divergent, close call tho!!

message 13: by tysha (new)

tysha | 1 comments I feel like Hunger Games is more iconic as it sets the pace and is often some of the first serieses people read in YA dystopian but i prefer Divergent over Hunger Games( maybe because i read divergent first?)

message 14: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Urooj (aishaurooj) | 5 comments I would say Hunger games. Divergent has one of my favorite characters (Tobias).

message 15: by Katrina♡•• (new)

Katrina♡•• | 491 comments The hunger games hands down

message 16: by Isabella G. (new)

Isabella G. | 7 comments The Hunger Games because it started it all but I prefer Divergent.

message 17: by marcela (new)

marcela (marcelacvassallo) hunger games with no doubt!

message 18: by Zara (new)

Zara   | 993 comments It's so difficult to choose both of them are great.

message 19: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (lostinfics) | 143 comments I'm reading The Hunger Games series for the first time right now. It's pretty amazing so far. Still haven't read Divergent though.

message 20: by debychase (new)

debychase (bananamazing) | 20 comments hunger games for sure

message 21: by Fabitha (new)

Fabitha | 64 comments I think the Hunger Games was a game changer, and it's popularity was way bigger than Divergent when it came out.
I read all of the Divergent saga and watched the movies, but right now I can't even recall the Mc name, while Katniss is well present in my mind (also thanks to Jennifer Lawrence, yes, but even before I think she was striking). Just my 5 cent tho, no offense to everyone who likes Divergent - I liked it too when I read it, it just didn't stay with me.

message 22: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 45 comments Hunger games.

message 23: by Laasya (new)

Laasya Allam  | 180 comments still a Divergent babe!!!

message 24: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) | 34 comments The Hunger Games 100%

message 25: by Alexia (new)

Alexia K | 5 comments I had seen all the movies of both series’ before I read the books and I have to say the following:
-> Divergent: the movies were very plain and dry with many plot holes and completely empty scenes with nothing to give. Not to mention how awful the sequels turned out. The BOOKS, however, left me ecstatic! I absolutely loved them! It definitely had a young adult’s perspective in mind (Tris was 16) and it showed. I feel like it was harshly judged because it had a dystopian setting as many other popular books (in this case The Hinger Games). Also, for a dystopian fiction setting and plot, it touched me and got me emotional.
-> The Hunger Games: the movies were okayish. I can’t see how they could have made them better or closer to the book. The BOOKS were very descriptive in many topics and and very bold with especially with Katnis’ emotions. They were actually very well written.
Personally, I liked better Divergent because it wasn’t so emotionally heavy on me like The Hunger Games (I couldn’t stand Katnis character being always angry. I know it reasonable, I totally get it). In other words the emotional baggage of the Hunger Gemes wasn’t for me. But one thing I can’t understand is how people compare the two series? I found them completely different

lucía ༉‧₊˚. (lulantics) I used to be obsessed with divergent (both books and movies) when I first read them since they got me into reading and they somehow still hold a special place in my heart, but the hunger games are definitely more iconic, in my opinion. but still love both!

message 27: by Tassnim (new)

Tassnim | 36 comments omg the hardest question ever .. but i think "divergent" is more iconic ..

message 28: by Elle (new)

Elle Harriet Silver (elleharrietsilver) | 25 comments Hunger Games!

message 29: by zsyree (new)

zsyree Hunger Games for me.

message 30: by Anushka (new)

Anushka (thefeministbooklover) | 28 comments The Hunger Games is definitely more iconic!

message 31: by Chaya (on Break) (new)

Chaya (on Break) (theobsessivebookoholic) | 60 comments Hunger games.

message 32: by Alondra (new)

Alondra | 52 comments Hunger Games B)

message 33: by Mrunal (new)

Mrunal (darkicecoffee) | 579 comments Definitely Hunger Games

message 34: by Lacey (new)

Lacey Owens | 255 comments Probably The Hunger Games plus it came out first. Saying that I like Divergent better but have only read the first book in The Hunger Games series, whereas I’ve read all of the Divergent series including the collection from Four/Tobias’s perspective

message 35: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Leveque | 46 comments Hunger Games probably, but personally I liked Divergent a little more

message 36: by E.H (new)

E.H (ehweaver) | 45 comments Definitely Hunger Games in my opinion.

message 37: by Alva (new)

Alva (alva731) | 181 comments Hunger games is more iconic, but I liked divergent more:)

message 38: by Piya (new)

Piya (theredrumqueen) | 349 comments Hunger Games for me

message 39: by Amerie (new)

Amerie (meriamiedabeex1f33c) | 58 comments HUNGER GAMES!

message 40: by Snehal (new)

Snehal Bhandari Hunger Games!

message 41: by tysha (new)

tysha | 1 comments Hunger Games since it inspired a whole generation of dystopian

message 42: by Deepika (new)

Deepika Divergent!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hunger games easily

message 44: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (lilabreezey) | 6 comments Hunger Games

elmiathebookaddict loves disney | 71 comments I can't easily pick one, but if I had to choose, I'd say Divergent

message 46: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (divagrl2020) | 48 comments divergent

message 47: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemvaughn) | 13 comments I haven't read all Divergent books so I'm going to have to say Hunger Games.

message 48: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 7 comments I would say both are iconic… however I enjoyed divergent more because it’s about defying the system because they felt different. In the hunger games the rebellion started because Katniss didn’t want to play by the rules

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 50: by Alba (new)

Alba Fernandez | 2 comments I think that both are undoubtedly iconic but I would choose Divergent

« previous 1